Trad Monks
(07-28-2011, 10:06 PM)Gorgondie Wrote: we need more, real monasteries like this
[Image: upcomingeventsheader.jpg]
http://www.ourladyofguadalupemonastery.c...nal_1.html
Aren't they sspx? I would have no problem going to an sspx one and such...however joining an sspx monastary i feel lil bit different about
do the Benedictines of Clear Creek offer the 1962 Missal or the '65?
I have heard that they do not offer the '62, but I could be wrong.
(07-29-2011, 01:05 PM)dan hunter Wrote: do the Benedictines of Clear Creek offer the 1962 Missal or the '65?
I have heard that they do not offer the '62, but I could be wrong.

1962 Missal is used for all Masses. For all low Masses, 1962 rubrics are used. At the conventual Masses, rubrics are some sort of hybrid, perhaps 1965 rubrics, or perhaps some sort of monastic allowance. Epistle and Gospel are sung versus populum, for example.
(07-28-2011, 11:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Don't know that they're as unknown as that. A quick search shows up four threads dedicated to the Clear Creek Monastery and it's mentioned in 25 other threads! :) However, that said, they're a good, solid Traditional Benedictine house in full union with Rome. You can't go wrong there.
I did a search and came up with nothing... maybe I can't spell...
The Clear Creek Monks were given permission for erection by I believe Bishop Slattery, who is a great Ordinary.
All Masses in the Cathedral at Tulsa, by his order are now offered Ad Orientem.
(07-29-2011, 01:09 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: 1962 Missal is used for all Masses. For all low Masses, 1962 rubrics are used. At the conventual Masses, rubrics are some sort of hybrid, perhaps 1965 rubrics, or perhaps some sort of monastic allowance. Epistle and Gospel are sung versus populum, for example.

On that one particularly, I very distinctly recall a discussion about versus populum readings on a liturgical blog (perhaps NLM), and O'Connell specifically described a number of ways the Scriptures can be read, including facing the people, how to use lecterns and pulpits, stuff like that. They are just not commonly seen, I guess.
(07-29-2011, 01:26 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 01:09 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: 1962 Missal is used for all Masses. For all low Masses, 1962 rubrics are used. At the conventual Masses, rubrics are some sort of hybrid, perhaps 1965 rubrics, or perhaps some sort of monastic allowance. Epistle and Gospel are sung versus populum, for example.

On that one particularly, I very distinctly recall a discussion about versus populum readings on a liturgical blog (perhaps NLM), and O'Connell specifically described a number of ways the Scriptures can be read, including facing the people, how to use lecterns and pulpits, stuff like that. They are just not commonly seen, I guess.

I know versus populum readings are used in various trad parishes in France, where it must have become customary at some point.
I used to go to a TLM where the priest did the reading and the Gospel ONLY in the vernacular from the altar he did not read them in Latin at all.
Is that permitted?
(07-29-2011, 01:42 PM)dan hunter Wrote: I used to go to a TLM where the priest did the reading and the Gospel ONLY in the vernacular from the altar he did not read them in Latin at all.
Is that permitted?

No, that is forbidden in the TLM.

For clarity's sake, the monks at Clear Creek and the French trad parishes I mentioned above sing the readings in Latin.