Temptations against Sedevacantistism!!
"You should not speak this way about your separated brethren.  By virtue of their baptism, Protestants are "members of the body of Christ" and "are therefore not outside of the one church."

You are patially right.
All baptized Protestant children, are Catholic until they reach the age of reason and commit personal sin, and then do not go to confession.
But unfortunately many if not most of Prot children are not baptised until they are past the age of reason.
(07-30-2011, 12:45 PM)dan hunter Wrote: "You should not speak this way about your separated brethren.  By virtue of their baptism, Protestants are "members of the body of Christ" and "are therefore not outside of the one church."

You are patially right.
All baptized Protestant children, are Catholic until they reach the age of reason and commit personal sin, and then do not go to confession.
But unfortunately many if not most of Prot children are not baptised until they are past the age of reason.

Can you show me where the Conciliar or post-Conciliar Magisterium has made such a distinction?  I haven't seen such precision since coming across several pre-Conciliar theology manuals.

"All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are members of Christ's body": http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...io_en.html

"It is the sacrament of faith, whereby those who have been baptised belong to the one body of Christ which is the church.  Non-Catholic Christians are therefore not outside of the one church, they already belong to it in a most fundamental way": http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontif...sm_en.html
The "Post-Conciliar Church" is the Catholic Church.

If you mean what does the Church teach about baptism being a purely Catholic sacrament after VII, then She teaches the exact same thing She has always taught.

Just recently at a Novus Ordo Mass, where a baptism followed, the pastor said that Baptism is purely Catholic and when anyone who is not yet at the age of reason no matter what their parents faith is, they are Catholic at the moment of the Trinitarian Baptism.

Prots steal Baptism from the Church, and the Church always and everywhere teaches that [even now]
Dan,
I think you missed my point.  The Church teaches that baptized Protestants are, without distinction as to age, "members of Christ's body."  As the Catholic Church is the Body of Christ, it follows that Protestants are members of the Catholic Church (although imperfectly).  They are no longer "outside the Church;" it then appears that EENS no longer seriously applies them.

Such a marvelous doctrinal development...
Dear Dan Hunter,

Ubi Petrus Ibi Ecclesia. True!

If you are in the vicinity of Youngstown, OH this afternoon be sure to stop by for the Polka "Mass" at 4 o'clock. Approved, I am sure, by the local bishop who represents Benedict XVI. Should you not be able to make it I am sure you can find another such "Mass" in your area that would, in your estimation, fulfill your Sunday obligation.

Be careful who you try to write out of the Church, because I don't think you really understand the gravity of the situation!
(07-30-2011, 02:47 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Dan,
I think you missed my point.  The Church teaches that baptized Protestants are, without distinction as to age, "members of Christ's body."  As the Catholic Church is the Body of Christ, it follows that Protestants are members of the Catholic Church (although imperfectly).  They are no longer "outside the Church;" it then appears that EENS no longer seriously applies them.

Such a marvelous doctrinal development...

They're heretics. And heretics are ipso facto excommunicated from the Church. EENS still applies.

"Be careful who you try to write out of the Church, because I don't think you really understand the gravity of the situation!"

Who have I tried to write out of the Church?

I have tried hard to find a 'Polka" Mass or Coca Cola Mass or Pizza Mass in my diocese but try as I might the Masses that I have been to are just plain ordinary Catholic Masses.
I have heard about illicit and abusive Masses in this diocese though, but I have been blessed to have experienced them sparingly.

Middle Aged Man
Oh, what a shock! A woman is in charge again and suddenly the men think they don't have to follow the rules anymore.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What a bunch of freakin' hypocrites.
(07-30-2011, 02:54 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: Oh, what a shock! A woman is in charge again and suddenly the men think they don't have to follow the rules anymore.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I didn't get that from this topic. Where did you get that idea from?

(07-30-2011, 02:55 AM)ggreg Wrote: ...gets money from our buying Amazon stuff then we become curtomers. .

This is the first time I've used FE on someone else's computer. I have my browser set up so that ads are automatically blocked.

I assumed FE was run solely on donations.
(07-30-2011, 02:54 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: Oh, what a shock! A woman is in charge again and suddenly the men think they don't have to follow the rules anymore.

I suspect they would behave the same way if it were a man with limted time/computer access being the moderator.  These are people who will only follow rules that are enforced, not because it is the right thing to do.