Intimidation: a tool of the enemy of souls

My guess is that Catholic priests that fail to speak out on the hard issues because of human respect and maybe loss of funds or they do not like to be 'confrontational' or 'offensive'.  Now in my pro-life work, though, I am finding the priests little by little getting stronger. Not so the protestant pastors. VERY few will take a stance for life.  This is because their livlihood is on the line and they can easily be booted out. Yes, this has happened to some priests but they retain their priesthood but a minister may be just unemployed.  The mainlines and mega churches will not stand up for the dignity of life, they are intimidated. It is the little Bible / Fellowships where sometimes a pastor has that sort of courage.
-------------------

Intimidation is the Enemy’s Tool
Posted on 29 July 2011 by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf
I have been thinking about the priest who was assaulted in Italy and the way the Catholic left treats conservatives and traditionally minded Catholic priests and lay people.

Assaults are not only physical and launched by people who are disturbed or overmastered by passions.  They are also planned, cold, systematic.

Bullies have plans.

The tactic of the Enemy, and the Enemy’s human agents, is to bully victims into silence.

Aggressive intimidation the not so subtle way that fidelity is assailed, not only by the Enemy, but also by enemies who are used by the Enemy.

Anyone who is being bullied by the left, by the liberal opponents of the Holy Father and his vision, must not be – like victims of rape – forced into silence.

We must hear about and report attempts to repress the rights of faithful Catholics who just want to pray and live out their legitimate aspirations.

When enemies of, for example, the Extraordinary Form or the Church’s teaching on the ordination of men only or on the sinfulness of homosexual acts and on artificial contraception, threaten and bully and assault Holy Church’s faithful and priests and courageous bishops, we must not be silenced.

Silence is defeat.

We have to report bullying so that bishops and others cannot pretend that it isn’t happening.

We must not be bullied into silence about attacks.

And this applies to those who desire the older form of Holy Mass.

We don’t have to be aggressive, but we do need to be assertive.

Stand up.  Speak out.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits,
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Many martyrs were killed to get the truths of Catholicism to the pagans, the least the little jellyfish with white colars can do is preach the truth hardline in their own Churches.
Intimidation a Tool of the Enemy of Souls?

Who woulda thunk it?

What's next?

Murder as a Tool, can become the Enemy of Souls?
As things get worse I think physical assaults and yes, murder, will be used. I think the only thing stopping a full scale persecution of Catholics in the West right now is the general cowardice of many priests and bishops. Right now the Church isn't a unified threat but should the bulk of priests, bishops and laity stand up and start getting bolder, not just in small trad chapels but churchwide and in public the ways we are harassed will get bolder and more violent. The whole secular humanist outlook that is pretty much the de facto religion of the West right now cannot exist side by side with a strong Catholicism. Sooner or later we will have to be dealt with since we stand in the way of their secular atheist agenda. Right now the enemy is winning but should the tides turn we better get ready because things will get ugly and we better pray to have the grace not to lose our faith when we are asked to give our lives for it.
(07-29-2011, 11:07 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: As things get worse I think physical assaults and yes, murder, will be used. I think the only thing stopping a full scale persecution of Catholics in the West right now is the general cowardice of many priests and bishops. Right now the Church isn't a unified threat but should the bulk of priests, bishops and laity stand up and start getting bolder, not just in small trad chapels but churchwide and in public the ways we are harassed will get bolder and more violent. The whole secular humanist outlook that is pretty much the de facto religion of the West right now cannot exist side by side with a strong Catholicism. Sooner or later we will have to be dealt with since we stand in the way of their secular atheist agenda. Right now the enemy is winning but should the tides turn we better get ready because things will get ugly and we better pray to have the grace not to lose our faith when we are asked to give our lives for it.

THIS