[Image: popestpiusx.gif]

Pope St. Pius X

[Image: image003.jpg]

St. Clare of Assisi

[Image: StJohnVianney.jpg]

St. John Maria Vianney

[Image: B_017_Body1.jpg]

Venerable Mary Agreda
Ive seen St Bernadette in Nevers...she truely did look as beautiful and saintly as she does in the pictures
I have seen the incorrupt bodies of St. Catherine Laboure. St. Louise de Marillac ,Bl. Alphonso Schuster and St. Margaret of Cortona and the heart of St. Vincent de Paul. 
I have some holy relics: fabrics that have not decayed even after hundreds of years.
THere is one in the United States. Saint John Neumann is incorrupt in Philadelphia
I was pretty shocked when I found out that most of these incorruptibles are actually covered in wax to make them look more life-like.
(07-30-2011, 07:36 PM)Walty Wrote: I was pretty shocked when I found out that most of these incorruptibles are actually covered in wax to make them look more life-like.

It's a known fact.

Most have wax faces.
(07-30-2011, 07:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-30-2011, 07:36 PM)Walty Wrote: I was pretty shocked when I found out that most of these incorruptibles are actually covered in wax to make them look more life-like.

It's a known fact.

Most have wax faces.

It is a known fact, but it's not exactly spelled out as often as I think it should be.  For a few years I thought that these wax faces, hands etc. was the actual skin of the saints.
(07-30-2011, 07:39 PM)Walty Wrote:

It's a known fact.

Most have wax faces.

It is a known fact, but it's not exactly spelled out as often as I think it should be.  For a few years I thought that these wax faces, hands etc. was the actual skin of the saints.

Yes, it should be spelled out.

But perhaps they would have less volume of religious business if they were too upfront about it.
(07-30-2011, 07:39 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

It's a known fact.

Most have wax faces.

But perhaps they would have less volume of religious business if they were too upfront about it.

Yes, I think you're right.  Unfortunately, miracles make big business.
(07-30-2011, 07:42 PM)Walty Wrote:
(07-30-2011, 07:39 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

It's a known fact.

Most have wax faces.

Yes, I think you're right.  Unfortunately, miracles make big business.

Indeed.

And when there's no miracle, it doesn't hurt to piously fake one. We should be on guard when it comes to these things.