Crying my way through mass
(07-31-2011, 11:16 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 11:00 PM)vakarian Wrote: I'm sorry about this hard time you had during this liturgy. If a TLM is not available where you are, I would just not go. I know I will take a lot of flak for saying that, but I feel more at ease staying at home and reading the TLM missal for that Sunday than go to a Novus Ordo mass, and I've felt that way ever since my conversion to Trad Catholicism 1 year ago.

May the Holy Ghost guide you.  :pray:

Really don't want to get into this debate, it will come either way.  Just wanted to point out that "feeling more at ease" has never been a proper evaluator of anything nor is it a tenet of Catholicism.

True dat. And no one can dispense from attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

for you and your grandma.
(07-31-2011, 11:00 PM)vakarian Wrote: I'm sorry about this hard time you had during this liturgy. If a TLM is not available where you are, I would just not go. I know I will take a lot of flak for saying that, but I feel more at ease staying at home and reading the TLM missal for that Sunday than go to a Novus Ordo mass, and I've felt that way ever since my conversion to Trad Catholicism 1 year ago.

Really don't want to get into this debate, it will come either way.  Just wanted to point out that "feeling more at ease" has never been a proper evaluator of anything nor is it a tenet of Catholicism.

Never said it was, just was sayin' my piece.
(08-01-2011, 01:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

True dat. And no one can dispense from attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.

Wrong. Certain circumstances can apply.
(08-01-2011, 01:31 PM)vakarian Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 01:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Wrong. Certain circumstances can apply.

Yes, there are circumstances, such as illness. While we might be sick of irreverence, it does not apply!
(08-01-2011, 10:25 PM)Carmel Wrote: Yes, there are circumstances, such as illness. While we might be sick of irreverence, it does not apply!

I agree. Being sick or having too far to go (check Jone on this) is an automatic dispensation. However, if you are well and Mass is available, no one, can dispense from hearing Mass on the appointed days.