Need to vent about the NO Mass - It's such a frustration
(08-01-2011, 05:49 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 05:42 PM)damooster Wrote: My NO attending friend told me that this past Sunday, the homilist stated that Jesus didn't multiply the bread and fish for the 5000 followers but rather convinced them to share the food they were hoarding under their tunics.

Wow, that is flippin' insane.

And yet not surprising.We are,after all,talking about he Masonic, Luciferian Anti-Church.
At my NO parish there is a "youth Mass" or whatever with guitars and such.  The normal music group was all going to be away the weekend before last, so I was asked to fill in.  I said I would be happy to, but that I would not play any of their normal music because I found it inappropriate for the Church's public worship and that I would play the organ and use the normal music used at the other Sunday Masses.  They said that would be fine, they were just glad to have music at the Mass.  And you know what?  No one came.  There couldn't have been more than fifty people there, when there are usually four or five hundred people there.
(08-02-2011, 10:29 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 05:49 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 05:42 PM)damooster Wrote: My NO attending friend told me that this past Sunday, the homilist stated that Jesus didn't multiply the bread and fish for the 5000 followers but rather convinced them to share the food they were hoarding under their tunics.

Wow, that is flippin' insane.

And yet not surprising.We are,after all,talking about he Masonic, Luciferian Anti-Church.

That doesn't even make sense.  People were hoarding enough food for 5000 men (not even counting the women and children) to eat their fill under their tunics?  Did people usually walk around with buffets under their tunics back then?
And why didn't they just eat the food under their own tunics?
(08-02-2011, 10:31 AM)cgraye Wrote: At my NO parish there is a "youth Mass" or whatever with guitars and such.  The normal music group was all going to be away the weekend before last, so I was asked to fill in.  I said I would be happy to, but that I would not play any of their normal music because I found it inappropriate for the Church's public worship and that I would play the organ and use the normal music used at the other Sunday Masses.  They said that would be fine, they were just glad to have music at the Mass.  And you know what?  No one came.  There couldn't have been more than fifty people there, when there are usually four or five hundred people there.

Would they have known in advance that you were planning to do this?
I gather that some people had food under their tunics and some had none.  Which is why I am wondering why people were walking around with enough food to feed several people to satisfaction under their clothes.
(08-02-2011, 10:31 AM)cgraye Wrote: At my NO parish there is a "youth Mass" or whatever with guitars and such.  The normal music group was all going to be away the weekend before last, so I was asked to fill in.  I said I would be happy to, but that I would not play any of their normal music because I found it inappropriate for the Church's public worship and that I would play the organ and use the normal music used at the other Sunday Masses.  They said that would be fine, they were just glad to have music at the Mass.  And you know what?  No one came.  There couldn't have been more than fifty people there, when there are usually four or five hundred people there.

did you go back?
(08-02-2011, 10:41 AM)cgraye Wrote: I gather that some people had food under their tunics and some had none.  Which is why I am wondering why people were walking around with enough food to feed several people to satisfaction under their clothes.
I regularly do this.

Why wouldn't the hungry people say "yo dude with bulky tunic who is surreptitiously removing food from it and eating it, may I have a small amount?"

Was it common to transport and hide food?  Why didn't everyone? Who wasn't planning ahead to have tunic food?
(08-02-2011, 10:43 AM)Louis_Martin Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 10:41 AM)cgraye Wrote: I gather that some people had food under their tunics and some had none.  Which is why I am wondering why people were walking around with enough food to feed several people to satisfaction under their clothes.
I regularly do this.

Why wouldn't the hungry people say "yo dude with bulky tunic who is surreptitiously removing food from it and eating it, may I have a small amount?"

Was it common to transport and hide food?  Why didn't everyone? Who wasn't planning ahead to have tunic food?

I see some religious who look like they have enough food concealed on them to feed an army.
(08-02-2011, 10:40 AM)JayneK Wrote: Would they have known in advance that you were planning to do this?

They knew in advance that their regular group wasn't going to be there and that some old people from the regular choir would be there instead, but presumably they didn't know what music would be played.  Really, the only reason my choice of music is relevant to this story is that I had selected some nice organ pieces that I thought they might really take to, and I was disappointed that essentially no one was there to hear them.  I forgot to mention that in my original post.  But the point is, catering to people's tastes too much in liturgical matters could just mean they are attending for the wrong reasons - for their own satisfaction rather than the worship of God and the good of their souls.  I don't want to say all those people just skipped Mass that Sunday, because for all I know they might have just gone to other Masses at other churches.  But clearly their reason for attending that particular Mass was the "rock" music, and when that one factor was removed, they didn't come.