Sedevacantist Ukranian Byzantine Catholics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81i-BE2wvs&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H81i-BE2wvs&feature=youtu.be

Interesting stuff.
Oh crap, Dominic has moved beyond the Diamond Brothers!
(08-01-2011, 09:37 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Oh crap, Dominic has moved beyond the Diamond Brothers!

lol. Without them I would still be in the SSPX, so I will always be appreciative of Most Holy Family Monastery. But I think they are wrong on BOB and BOD.
Im ukrainian byzantine
a cantor in fact
Okay, maybe this is a NOtard questtion, but ...

I thought the big difference between Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholic is that the Eastern Rite Catholics are in communion with the Pope. But if they are sedevacantists, then they don't believe that the Pope is really the Pope, and presumably are not in communion with him. So does that just make them Orthodox? Or are there doctrinal differences as well?
(08-01-2011, 09:57 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 09:37 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Oh crap, Dominic has moved beyond the Diamond Brothers!

lol. Without them I would still be in the SSPX, so I will always be appreciative of Most Holy Family Monastery. But I think they are wrong on BOB and BOD.

Monastary? They aren't actual clergy...
(08-01-2011, 10:20 PM)NOtard Wrote: Okay, maybe this is a NOtard questtion, but ...

I thought the big difference between Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholic is that the Eastern Rite Catholics are in communion with the Pope. But if they are sedevacantists, then they don't believe that the Pope is really the Pope, and presumably are not in communion with him. So does that just make them Orthodox? Or are there doctrinal differences as well?

I'm no expert, but I believe there are doctrinal differences too. Filioque and all that...
(08-01-2011, 10:20 PM)NOtard Wrote: Okay, maybe this is a NOtard questtion, but ...

No they are not equivalent to the orthodox schismatics because the orthodox schismatics reject the whole concept of the papacy itself, while these people reject the heresies of Benedict XVI. Big difference.
(08-01-2011, 10:44 PM)franklinf Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 09:57 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote:

Monastary? They aren't actual clergy...

Then what are they?
(08-01-2011, 10:45 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: No they are not equivalent to the orthodox schismatics because the orthodox schismatics reject the whole concept of the papacy itself, while these people reject the heresies of Benedict XVI. Big difference.

:readrules:
The Rulez Wrote:Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium.

P.S. have you spoken with a priest yet, savio?