Sedevacantist Ukranian Byzantine Catholics
Dominic,

In the past three months, you have gone from considering pursuing Holy Orders, weighing joining the armed forces, grappling with scrupples, to apparently embracing SVism.  Forum rules forbid debating the last point, but consider this: these are widely dispersed personal matters to deal with.

I strongly suggest reading some of the resources that Vox has assembled, particularly on the traditional practice of seasons.  Then, meditate on how difficult it is to work a single acre of land; imagine then doing so without modern conveniences.

Yes, we are in the midst of diabolical disorientation and perhaps even in the opening act of the final days.  Or perhaps we have millenia to go and this is just our challenge like St. Athanasius and those who remained faithful faced.  I'm sure many Christians then felt the Pope was not fighting as hard as he should have.

In any event, undertaking hard physical labor gains one perspective.  May God grace you and all of us.

-KT
(08-01-2011, 10:55 PM)Marc Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 10:45 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: No they are not equivalent to the orthodox schismatics because the orthodox schismatics reject the whole concept of the papacy itself, while these people reject the heresies of Benedict XVI. Big difference.

:readrules:
The Rulez Wrote:Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium.

P.S. have you spoken with a priest yet, savio?

Yes I have, who convinced me of the sedevacantist position. I actually feel really at peace now, which is why I came back to this forum. Benedict XVI is clearly a heretic and I will not backdown from that position. If I did not call Ratzinger a heretic I would be committing a mortal sin by lying. If that gets my account banned fine, it happened at Catholic Answers too. I hope it doesn't though.
(08-01-2011, 10:44 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 10:20 PM)NOtard Wrote: Okay, maybe this is a NOtard questtion, but ...

I thought the big difference between Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholic is that the Eastern Rite Catholics are in communion with the Pope. But if they are sedevacantists, then they don't believe that the Pope is really the Pope, and presumably are not in communion with him. So does that just make them Orthodox? Or are there doctrinal differences as well?

I'm no expert, but I believe there are doctrinal differences too. Filioque and all that...

This particular group is sedevacantist. The majority of Eastern Rite Catholics are not.

The Filioque and several other issues are between the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. The Eastern Catholics accept the dogma's of the faith, there are sometimes theological differences between East and West though, but we are still in communion with each other within the Catholic Church.
Those are some odd vestments.  :hmmm:
(08-02-2011, 12:53 AM)Silouan Wrote: Those are some odd vestments.  :hmmm:

Doesn't each area of the East tend to have different looking vestments?

They do kinda look unusual though, you're right.
(08-02-2011, 12:56 AM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 12:53 AM)Silouan Wrote: Those are some odd vestments.  :hmmm:

Doesn't each area of the East tend to have different looking vestments?

They do kinda look unusual though, you're right.

There are some very minor differences but they are mostly the same. It looks like the one is wearing a skufia with a cross like a bishop. The rest looks like an odd mix between an Orthodox omophorion and Latin pallium with a very plain sakkos.
(08-02-2011, 12:40 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: If that gets my account banned fine, it happened at Catholic Answers too. I hope it doesn't though.

Oh, it will!
I'll keep you in my prayers, st.dominic.
:pray:
Savio. You have been a catholic for about 15 months. You are in your early 20s. And you have the internal self-assurance that you can discern matters that fox much older and wiser traditional Catholics. We were thinking about this stuff when you were still a twinkle in you father's eye.

How do you think it looks to us older and wiser dudes that you can discern these complex theological matters within months of finding the faith, but you cannot work out whether to join the army, become an eastern rite priest (so you can still get a bit of nookie after a hard days preaching), or become an undertaker specializing in Mexican midgets' funerals. Those are pretty diverse career options for someone who can cut through all this confusion and find a Dimond in the rough.

Can you see that from where we are standing you look like an immature twit? The kind of guy we would not want our daughter to get engaged to.

"You are old Father William", the young man said.....