Sedevacantist Ukranian Byzantine Catholics
(08-02-2011, 02:05 AM)ggreg Wrote: Savio. You have been a catholic for about 15 months. You are in your early 20s. And you have the internal self-assurance that you can discern matters that fox much older and wiser traditional Catholics. We were thinking about this stuff when you were still a twinkle in you father's eye.

How do you think it looks to us older and wiser dudes that you can discern these complex theological matters within months of finding the faith, but you cannot work out whether to join the army, become an eastern rite priest (so you can still get a bit of nookie after a hard days preaching), or become an undertaker specializing in Mexican midgets' funerals. Those are pretty diverse career options for someone who can cut through all this confusion and find a Dimond in the rough.

Can you see that from where we are standing you look like an immature twit? The kind of guy we would not want our daughter to get engaged to.

"You are old Father William", the young man said.....

I would have no problem if my daughter wanted to marry a man who once considered the priesthood. That at least shows that he takes the catholic faith seriously, and he will take his role as a father seriously. And for the record I do have career options, the military idea was just there because I considered being an army chaplain. That would be an impossiblity now because I highly doubt the military takes sedevacantist chaplains.

(08-02-2011, 02:55 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: That would be an impossiblity now because I highly doubt the military takes sedevacantist chaplains.

Unfortunately, the U.S. military won't take any Catholic chaplain not approved by the Counter-Church.
(08-02-2011, 02:55 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 02:05 AM)ggreg Wrote: Savio. You have been a catholic for about 15 months. You are in your early 20s. And you have the internal self-assurance that you can discern matters that fox much older and wiser traditional Catholics. We were thinking about this stuff when you were still a twinkle in you father's eye.

How do you think it looks to us older and wiser dudes that you can discern these complex theological matters within months of finding the faith, but you cannot work out whether to join the army, become an eastern rite priest (so you can still get a bit of nookie after a hard days preaching), or become an undertaker specializing in Mexican midgets' funerals. Those are pretty diverse career options for someone who can cut through all this confusion and find a Dimond in the rough.

Can you see that from where we are standing you look like an immature twit? The kind of guy we would not want our daughter to get engaged to.

I would have no problem if my daughter wanted to marry a man who once considered the priesthood. That at least shows that he takes the catholic faith seriously, and he will take his role as a father seriously. And for the record I do have career options, the military idea was just there because I considered being an army chaplain. That would be an impossiblity now because I highly doubt the military takes sedevacantist chaplains.

You don't have a daughter. Come back to this thread in 20 years when life has taught you something
(08-02-2011, 03:13 AM)ggreg Wrote:

You don't have a daughter. Come back to this thread in 20 years when life has taught you something

I'm detecting a Napoleon complex.
(08-02-2011, 03:20 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

...ggreg is short??  Where was this mentioned?
(08-02-2011, 03:29 AM)tmw89 Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 03:20 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

...ggreg is short??  Where was this mentioned?

The control freak behavior, the demeaning tone, the braggadocio about his romantic side...

I renew my invitation.  If you hate trads so much and they're so annoying, why not sod off to a feminazi forum?