moving to an anti-feminist central/south american country?
(08-18-2011, 10:56 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 09:36 PM)Cetil Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 05:56 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: In the end, though, men will always worry about their penises and six pack abs and women about their breasts, thighs and hair.

Human beings are a truly sorry lot when you think about it.

Vanity of vanities...and let's not forget butt implants and  calf "augmentation"... very popular with body builders now. So much easier than working out.

C. 

Butt implants! I would have thought people would want the opposite.

You had to ask. Skinny people can be very "butt deprived". And then, there are those who want bigger, rounder, shapelier...and to correct the dreaded
"droopy buttocks".
The "before and after" gallery: http://www.betterbuttocks.com/photos_caucasian.htm
C.
it would b cool if u could get a thrid eye inplanted with blink capability and all that.
sip
to be used sparingly.
sip
i have an old school friend who was in the Navy and for the last 25 years has lived in San Jose in Costa Rica. From what he's told me over the years it does sound a fantastic place. Economy quite strong, good education system, very pleasant and friendly people, good climate, everyone keen on pulling together, Catholicism still pretty solid. He's been to a vast number of countries and he says Costa Rica is just about the best on a large measure of indexes. He married a Costa Rican lady and from he says the people there do seem to have an old world? new world kind of charm.. His loathing for present day britain is almost visceral - i wont quote the words he uses, He says he even dislikes now even speaking english. I only mention it because the subject of Costa Rica was mentioned earlier. Trouble is whenever the subject of central/south america is brought up i keep having visions of graham greene novels!
(08-18-2011, 02:01 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: After reading these replies, I think the Philippines or Costa Rica may be my best bet. Warm weather, catholic culture, cheap land and standard of living, while still being safe. I just need some place where I can go with my $250k saved in the bank and start my traditional catholic family, and possibly open up my own translating business.

Are catholic eastern european countries any better? (Poland, Ukraine, etc)

If you have that as cash you had better hurry.  Obama and Bennie are printing like madmen.  Those dollars are eroding in spending power fast.
(08-18-2011, 02:01 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: After reading these replies, I think the Philippines or Costa Rica may be my best bet. Warm weather, catholic culture, cheap land and standard of living, while still being safe. I just need some place where I can go with my $250k saved in the bank and start my traditional catholic family, and possibly open up my own translating business.

I think you have lots of research to do, and lots of second thoughts to take. "Cheap land" ? I think you will find that there are restrictions of non-citizens buying real estate in just about any foreign country. Here in the Philippines you would not be allowed to own any real estate. Safety?  Philippines is relatively safe but not safe for those who blab about having $250K.

C.
(08-19-2011, 09:00 AM)ggreg Wrote:

If you have that as cash you had better hurry.  Obama and Bennie are printing like madmen.  Those dollars are eroding in spending power fast.

If he has $250,000 in the bank than I am Rick James, witch! 
(08-19-2011, 08:20 AM)Bminor Mass Wrote: i have an old school friend who was in the Navy and for the last 25 years has lived in San Jose in Costa Rica. From what he's told me over the years it does sound a fantastic place. Economy quite strong, good education system, very pleasant and friendly people, good climate, everyone keen on pulling together, Catholicism still pretty solid. He's been to a vast number of countries and he says Costa Rica is just about the best on a large measure of indexes. He married a Costa Rican lady and from he says the people there do seem to have an old world? new world kind of charm.. His loathing for present day britain is almost visceral - i wont quote the words he uses, He says he even dislikes now even speaking english. I only mention it because the subject of Costa Rica was mentioned earlier. Trouble is whenever the subject of central/south america is brought up i keep having visions of graham greene novels!

Catholicism is still solid?  I wasn't aware of any TLMs in Costa Rica ... maybe things have changed?
(08-18-2011, 08:12 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: You know I think there are many similarities between trads and the bohemian groups that pop up on campuses. Key amongst these similarities is a rejection of modern culture and a desire to live within a bubble. 

I think there's truth to that. There's a very bohemian girl I know who actually told me she only wears skirts and dresses.
American culture is evil
(08-19-2011, 12:54 PM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: American culture is evil

All human culture is evil, tainted, since the Fall.