moving to an anti-feminist central/south american country?
(08-02-2011, 11:07 AM)JoniCath Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 01:31 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Lately I have been having this dream of moving to a devoutly catholic central/south american country. Here are my reasons:

-Im attracted to the latina/hispanic look in women, and would love to marry a spanish beauty.

-Warm weather

-devout catholic culture

-Anti feminist culture where its expected women stay at home

-cheaper to live and raise my large family (assuming God blesses me with one)

Suggestions? Paraguay? Argentina? Ecuador?

I think that many people have the wrong idea about what a REAL feminist is. A true feminist LOVES being a woman. She loves her body & it's special ability to nuture an infant from conception to birth, her very nature......gentle yet so strong, her intuition which enables her to look at a person & just KNOW that he/she needs a hug, etc. etc. A true feminist does not need to DO what a man DOES in order to consider herself an equal to men. She can work only within the home OR she can have a job or career & still be a truly feminine woman.

I had the privilege of being a stay at home Mom, for the first 20 years of my marriage, birthing, loving & forming 4 children & helping my husband around the farm. (A woman has a special touch with livestock) Then when the time came for those 4 children to enter college, I went to work for money. (Don't ever ask a woman "if she works", when you mean does she  work outside the home..............because I've done both & the actual WORK of a homemaker & the forming of a child & wife is much more challenging & mentally & physically wearing than any work I've done outside the home).

IMO. the psuedo-feminists of the 60's did so much harm to the TRUE feminists. They convinced them that if they didn't have a career outside of the career they have in the home, they were worthless. Now, we have a nation of women who are[b] EXPECTED to work outside the home[/b]. Careers?? Some have them, but most just have jobs. They work in factories, in retail & in hospitals, on road repair crews, etc They  then come home & try to be a good Mom, a good wife.

I dont think most women realize just how powerful they are.  A big part of that stems from indescribable humility and patience.
(08-02-2011, 09:47 AM)Iolanthe Wrote: Wait....now sv priests can get married? What did I miss?

Eastern Rite priests can get married before ordination.

Nothing to do with sedevacantism in this unusual case.
(08-02-2011, 11:07 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [size=10pt]I think that many people have the wrong idea about what a REAL feminist is. A true feminist LOVES being a woman. She loves her body & it's special ability to nuture an infant from conception to birth, her very nature......gentle yet so strong, her intuition which enables her to look at a person & just KNOW that he/she needs a hug, etc. etc. A true feminist does not need to DO what a man DOES in order to consider herself an equal to men. She can work only within the home OR she can have a job or career & still be a truly feminine woman.

Why is your definition of feminist the "real"one rather than the way the word is usually used?  What is the point of trying to come up with a good meaning for feminism?  Why can't we just say it is evil and reject it?
(08-02-2011, 12:04 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 11:07 AM)JoniCath Wrote: [size=10pt]I think that many people have the wrong idea about what a REAL feminist is. A true feminist LOVES being a woman. She loves her body & it's special ability to nuture an infant from conception to birth, her very nature......gentle yet so strong, her intuition which enables her to look at a person & just KNOW that he/she needs a hug, etc. etc. A true feminist does not need to DO what a man DOES in order to consider herself an equal to men. She can work only within the home OR she can have a job or career & still be a truly feminine woman.

Why is your definition of feminist the "real"one rather than the way the word is usually used?  What is the point of trying to come up with a good meaning for feminism?  Why can't we just say it is evil and reject it?

I agree that the word itself doesn't need to be used, and I never do use it in that way, but the fact is that among trads (and other groups like extremist conservatives and prots) anything associated with valuing women or having to do with women's rights is automatically vilified as "feminist." It's a multi-purpose tag for anything and everything that certain people don't happen to like.
(08-02-2011, 01:31 AM)st.dominic_savio Wrote: Lately I have been having this dream of moving to a devoutly catholic central/south american country.

Savio,

There are no devoutly catholic central/south american countries anymore. Did you miss your history books?

You need a reality check. Traditional Catholicism is stronger in the US than in any of the Latin American countries, all dominated by Marxism and Liberalism.
Kid, in all the many threads you've started here, you were given good advice to talk to a trad priest and avoid these sensationalist sites. Listen to that advice.  
(08-02-2011, 12:09 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: I agree that the word itself doesn't need to be used, and I never do use it in that way, but the fact is that among trads (and other groups like extremist conservatives and prots) anything associated with valuing women or having to do with women's rights is automatically vilified as "feminist." It's a multi-purpose tag for anything and everything that certain people don't happen to like.

The Catholic Church teaches that women are to be valued and that we have rights.  Women find the truest and most liberating view of ourselves in the Church.
(08-02-2011, 12:21 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 12:09 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: I agree that the word itself doesn't need to be used, and I never do use it in that way, but the fact is that among trads (and other groups like extremist conservatives and prots) anything associated with valuing women or having to do with women's rights is automatically vilified as "feminist." It's a multi-purpose tag for anything and everything that certain people don't happen to like.

The Catholic Church teaches that women are to be valued and that we have rights.  Women find the truest and most liberating view of ourselves in the Church.

I agree. It's funny how many trad men love to ignore this and instead vent their spleen on women who have never harmed them in any way. all the while citing the Church as their authority to do so.
(08-02-2011, 12:26 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:

I agree. It's funny how many trad men love to ignore this and instead vent their spleen on women who have never harmed them in any way. all the while citing the Church as their authority to do so.

This is not my experience of trad men, but we seem to have had very different life experiences.
(08-02-2011, 12:52 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 12:26 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:

This is not my experience of trad men, but we seem to have had very different life experiences.

You may not have seen it in real life, but surely you see it on the thread about that blog that AB didn't like. Many of the posters just reek hatred of women.