Priests gather to hear Rabbi Dalin, will any of them suggest he convert?
Just a curiousity that I don't know the answer to.  I've heard plenty of nice things about Rabbi Dalin re: His defense of Pope Pius XII.  He seems to be doing a good service to Catholics and the world.  In the comments section of Fr. Z's reference a person posted
the following:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2011/08/update-on.../#comments

"I have great respect for Rabbi Dalin. Please give him our regards. His work and those of others who defended Pope Pius XII was instrumental in our conversion from the Episcopalians."

After reading that, I thought, "Why hasn't Rabbi Dalin converted?"  And if he's giving lectures to gatherings of priests and at Catholic Churches, has anyone ever asked him about conversion or what obstacles are in the way for him in his opinion? 

There's something wrong when priests are not charitably offering an invitation to join Christ's Church if it is the case that they are not making overtures to evangelize this man. 
We should pray for this Rabbi that he may actually ask the priests at one of these gatherings to become Catholic. I wonder what would happen should he actually ask to enter the Church? He'd probably meet resistance. It would certainly be a blow to the facade of politically correct ecumenism if this Rabbi asked to enter the Church. If he is talking to priests and is defending Pius XII he might actually be on the fence and thinking about converting. I just hope some priest or prelate doesn't try to talk him out of it if I'm right...
A Traditionalist priest more than likely would ask Rabbi Dalin to join the Catholic Church (I wish they'd ask Rabbi Yehuda Levin and movie critic Michael Medved to join as well.)  Too much of the Novus Ordo establishment, from prelates right on down to many who run the local RCIA programs, have the philosophy that non Catholics don't have to join the Church in order to be saved. Just think of Cardinal Walter Kasper, Bishop William Lori, and even Pope Benedict XVI, all of whom think that Jews in particular don't have to join the Catholic Church and have a salvific covenant.

I'm reminded of the story about a Roman Catholic man in the New York Archdiocese who told the late Cardinal O'Connor, who was then Archbishop of NY, that he was converting to Judaism, and O'Connor gave him his blessing, I believe it was on Christmas Eve, of all days.

Having said all this, it's my belief that God is using Dalin, Levin, and Medved in their present circumstances to defend the Church to non Catholic audiences, and eventually they will come into the Church, in spite of the machinations of much of the Church leadership.

"Having said all this, it's my belief that God is using Dalin, Levin, and Medved in their present circumstances to defend the Church to non Catholic audiences, and eventually they will come into the Church, in spite of the machinations of much of the Church leadership."

That's an interesting point. I know when I was a Buddhist I would defend Catholicism when it was attacked by Buddhists and eventually I converted so the fact that these Jews are sort of defending the Church seems to point to there actually being interested in becoming members of it at some point. At least it would seem that way. What you say makes sense, as sometimes people would rather listen an outsider defend something rather than an insider. If they do convert I think you're right, it will be in spite of the bizarre "don't convert you're already saved in the old covenant" idiocy of some priests and prelates.
I thought the good rabbi's book entitled The Myth of Hitler's Pope was excellent.
Exquisite menu they are having
(08-02-2011, 06:54 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: A Traditionalist priest more than likely would ask Rabbi Dalin to join the Catholic Church (I wish they'd ask Rabbi Yehuda Levin and movie critic Michael Medved to join as well.)  Too much of the Novus Ordo establishment, from prelates right on down to many who run the local RCIA programs, have the philosophy that non Catholics don't have to join the Church in order to be saved. Just think of Cardinal Walter Kasper, Bishop William Lori, and even Pope Benedict XVI, all of whom think that Jews in particular don't have to join the Catholic Church and have a salvific covenant.

I'm reminded of the story about a Roman Catholic man in the New York Archdiocese who told the late Cardinal O'Connor, who was then Archbishop of NY, that he was converting to Judaism, and O'Connor gave him his blessing, I believe it was on Christmas Eve, of all days

Having said all this, it's my belief that God is using Dalin, Levin, and Medved in their present circumstances to defend the Church to non Catholic audiences, and eventually they will come into the Church, in spite of the machinations of much of the Church leadership.

It's sad to say, but hearing stuff like that doesn't shock me anymore
Saints Gamaliel, Nicodemus and Abibo, pray for us!

(Today is their feast day.)