Do you pray the Divine Office?
Every once in a while I'll say an hour. I use http://breviary.net, either from my laptop or my blackberry.
Dan_hunter, thank you for starting this thread. Do you mind if I derail it a little bit?

I wrote that I use Christian Prayer, which is "Christian Prayer: The Liturgy of the Hours" (or, more often, Shorter Christian Prayer). I added a smiley, because of course that is a Novus Ordo breviary, first published in 1976. (Technically, that adjective phrase does not apply to that noun, but you all know what I mean.)

However, to tell the truth, I haven't been praying the hours much lately at all. Jayne and I were trying to do Lauds together at least, but we crashed on the Saturday in the octave of Easter last year, when the introduction to the intercessions was "Christ is the bread of life; he will raise up on the last day all who share the table of his word and his body. In our joy let us pray ..." (And the Latin has the same sense, it is not a translation issue). Of course, the phrase "the table of his word and his body" caused Jayne to change the "in our joy" to "in utter disgust", and that's as far as we got that morning, and I don't think we've done it together again since.

But when you asked, it got me thinking about it again. And, especially since I answered HOW I do it, I thought I really needed to make sure THAT I do it, so I have been, at least somewhat, for the last few days.

And that's why I wanted to thank you for starting this thread. Thank you!
No, I am still trying to find an affordable and good liturgy of the hours. I would like to pray it though.
(08-06-2011, 08:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: No, I am still trying to find an affordable and good liturgy of the hours. I would like to pray it though.

Both the Breviary and the LOTH are online.
(08-06-2011, 08:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 08:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: No, I am still trying to find an affordable and good liturgy of the hours. I would like to pray it though.

As you probably know, I prefer a physical book. My eyes get sore from screens. Do you have a suggestion for one available to ship to here?
Hi, I'm new here and thought this would be a good thread to make my first post in.

Currently I'm praying out of the Diurnale Romanum by Preserving Cristian Publications. I have the Monastic Diurnal, Divine Office by Angelus Press, and the Baronius Press edition of the Little Office. The DR is the best in my opinion, as it includes all of the feasts as per the 1962 calender, it's all in Latin so it might be a little hard for beginners.
Praying the hours is strongly recommended, ordering your day around the liturgy not only edifies the soul, but the mind as well, there is nothing more soothing than praising Our Lord in unity with the Universal Church. My Priest once said that full participation in the Church is the best kind of counseling one can find. 
Don't let liturgical prayer interfere with your daily Rosary though, since Our Lady didn't request us to pray Prime or Compline ect.
(08-06-2011, 09:36 PM)Dellery Wrote: Hi, I'm new here and thought this would be a good thread to make my first post in.

Welcome friend in Christ.
Thank you, I migrated here after being harassed at Catholic Answers, this looks like it will be a better fit.
(08-06-2011, 09:54 PM)Dellery Wrote: Thank you, I migrated here after being harassed at Catholic Answers, this looks like it will be a better fit.

You are not the first surely.
(08-06-2011, 08:59 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 08:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

As you probably know, I prefer a physical book. My eyes get sore from screens. Do you have a suggestion for one available to ship to here?

Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis. They have a used book shelf and I picked up one volume of the Collegeville edition for $6.00 and a brand new (unused) Dominican Diurnal for $8.00 there. Since few people want the old books, their prices are ridiculously low. Otherwise, save your money and keep an eye on eBay or save up a lot less and order the Anglican Breviary (don't panic!  Check the threads here on the forum about it!) for $115.00 when you can afford it, they will ship to Canada:

http://www.anglicanbreviary.net/ordering.html