Do you pray the Divine Office?
No. I don't know how and I don't have a breviary, nor can I afford to buy one. I asked my priest if I could borrow a Latin-English breviary from him so I could pray the Divine Office at home, but his spare breviary has gone missing, so that's not an option either. I might borrow some old breviary books from a local Catholic library (there are a few decent ones in Melbourne) so I can practice praying the Office before I go to a monastery in December. 
(08-07-2011, 01:01 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote: No. I don't know how and I don't have a breviary, nor can I afford to buy one. I asked my priest if I could borrow a Latin-English breviary from him so I could pray the Divine Office at home, but his spare breviary has gone missing, so that's not an option either. I might borrow some old breviary books from a local Catholic library (there are a few decent ones in Melbourne) so I can practice praying the Office before I go to a monastery in December. 

Remember, the Traditional Breviary is online in various editions, 1911, 1962, etc.
(08-07-2011, 12:56 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Otherwise, save your money and keep an eye on eBay or save up a lot less and order the Anglican Breviary (don't panic!  Check the threads here on the forum about it!) for $115.00 when you can afford it, they will ship to Canada:

http://www.anglicanbreviary.net/ordering.html

This. Its solidly Catholic and the FSSP has or at least did have their Priests use it. Its the one I use and I love it.
(08-07-2011, 01:13 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 12:56 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Otherwise, save your money and keep an eye on eBay or save up a lot less and order the Anglican Breviary (don't panic!  Check the threads here on the forum about it!) for $115.00 when you can afford it, they will ship to Canada:

This. Its solidly Catholic and the FSSP has or at least did have their Priests use it. Its the one I use and I love it.

Don't see how the FSSP Priests could have used it since they are bound to the recitation of the Office in Latin according to the '62 books and the AB is neither, but I know they have recommended it to the laity who want to recite the Office
I usually pray everything from Lauds till Vespers from mondays to fridays  (and on some saturdays) in Latin only using the 1962 Diurnale (The Roman Breviary) from Angelus Press.

On sundays I have time for Lauds, Prime or Tierce, Sext or None and then Vespers...

I hope i can keep up with this routine when school reopens on 11 august  ;D
Rasko,
Here's a link for the Office.
                                        http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl

1) click on all in the first box,
2) click on Rubrics 1960 in the second box
3) click on regular in the next box
4) click on English in the next box
5) ignore the last one
6) scroll upto the hour you'd like to pray and click

tim
(08-07-2011, 12:56 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 08:59 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 08:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 08:17 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: No, I am still trying to find an affordable and good liturgy of the hours. I would like to pray it though.

Both the Breviary and the LOTH are online.

As you probably know, I prefer a physical book. My eyes get sore from screens. Do you have a suggestion for one available to ship to here?

Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis. They have a used book shelf and I picked up one volume of the Collegeville edition for $6.00 and a brand new (unused) Dominican Diurnal for $8.00 there. Since few people want the old books, their prices are ridiculously low. Otherwise, save your money and keep an eye on eBay or save up a lot less and order the Anglican Breviary (don't panic!  Check the threads here on the forum about it!) for $115.00 when you can afford it, they will ship to Canada:

:icecream:

I love the used book section there. I got the older version of this book
[Image: 0075536536.jpg]
for $8 dollars. No Jovan, I am afraid they have caught on and raised prices somewhat, but you can still find some gems there. Go on whyte ave used book stores or goodwill (westend) for some gems. I found St Gregory Hymnal, Daily Practical Meditations, and the letters of St. Augustine (all prime shape 60-70 year old versions) for all under $15 total.

Thanks for the advice, but $115 is a little pricey for me right now.
Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis.

Would you give me the website for this?  I need a set also.  Thank you!
(08-07-2011, 08:26 PM)Gert Wrote: Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis.

For what?

You are from Edmonton as well?
(08-07-2011, 08:26 PM)Gert Wrote: Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, they don't have one. UnamSanctum lives, as I did until very recently, in Edmonton, Alberta where the store is located. Sorry.