Do you pray the Divine Office?
(08-07-2011, 08:29 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 08:26 PM)Gert Wrote: Actually, check out St John of God on a regular basis.

Would you give me the website for this?  I need a set also.  Thank you!

For what?

You are from Edmonton as well?

No.  I just thought I could buy them on line.
(08-07-2011, 01:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 01:13 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 12:56 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Otherwise, save your money and keep an eye on eBay or save up a lot less and order the Anglican Breviary (don't panic!  Check the threads here on the forum about it!) for $115.00 when you can afford it, they will ship to Canada:

http://www.anglicanbreviary.net/ordering.html

This. Its solidly Catholic and the FSSP has or at least did have their Priests use it. Its the one I use and I love it.

Don't see how the FSSP Priests could have used it since they are bound to the recitation of the Office in Latin according to the '62 books and the AB is neither, but I know they have recommended it to the laity who want to recite the Office

Jovan, you are correct. The FSSP has never had its priests use the Anglican Breviary. There were a few seminarians I knew who used it for reference or for prayer before the Office became obligatory for them (i.e. before the subdiaconate), but for purposes of fulfilling their daily obligations to say the Office or for community prayer, they always use the 1962 Breviary in Latin, which is issued to seminarians from day one.

I have the Monastic Diurnal.  :)
I can't wait to start with some office of the Order of Preachers, but until then it'll be the Little Office of the Bl. Virgin, I hope... :)
(09-16-2011, 08:32 PM)Laetare Wrote: I can't wait to start with some office of the Order of Preachers, but until then it'll be the Little Office of the Bl. Virgin, I hope... :)

I wish I hadn't lost it in a move, but I had a brand new OP Diurnal from 1955. When I bought it, the marker ribbons were still folded into the book. It had never been used! If I still had it, I'd give it to you, since I'm a Carmelite. Sorry.
(09-16-2011, 08:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 08:32 PM)Laetare Wrote: I can't wait to start with some office of the Order of Preachers, but until then it'll be the Little Office of the Bl. Virgin, I hope... :)

I wish I hadn't lost it in a move, but I had a brand new OP Diurnal from 1955. When I bought it, the marker ribbons were still folded into the book. It had never been used! If I still had it, I'd give it to you, since I'm a Carmelite. Sorry.

Hehe, don't worry, friend! Carmelites are known to be in the clouds... :laughing:
I've started praying the Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, though praying all the Hours is hit and miss for me at this time.

Question: Can this be prayed sitting down, I mean is this proper and normal? 
(09-16-2011, 11:49 PM)InfinityCodaLMHSYF Wrote: Question: Can this be prayed sitting down, I mean is this proper and normal? 

Yeah, there's nothing really wrong with it, considering you are praying it in private. Posture is a matter of personal preference under such circumstances. Still, I think it's a good habit to stand during the Benedictus, Magnificat, and Nunc Dimittis. I sometimes kneel when I pray collects in private, as well.
(09-17-2011, 12:07 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 11:49 PM)InfinityCodaLMHSYF Wrote: Question: Can this be prayed sitting down, I mean is this proper and normal? 

Yeah, there's nothing really wrong with it, considering you are praying it in private. Posture is a matter of personal preference under such circumstances. Still, I think it's a good habit to stand during the Benedictus, Magnificat, and Nunc Dimittis. I sometimes kneel when I pray collects in private, as well.

Thank you.
(09-16-2011, 11:49 PM)InfinityCodaLMHSYF Wrote: I've started praying the Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary, though praying all the Hours is hit and miss for me at this time.

Question: Can this be prayed sitting down, I mean is this proper and normal? 

Do you know about this? http://www.archive.org/stream/littleoffi...5/mode/2up