Pacifism
(08-04-2011, 09:45 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 09:40 PM)Gorgondie Wrote: you guys managed to derail a whole thread before it was even able to accumalate more then 2 posts

That's nothing new here. However, to the original post, have you considered soldier saints such as the Theban Legion? They did not refuse to fight and, indeed, were on their way to the front when they were martyred for refusing to sacrifice to the Emperor.

Saint Maurice, pray for us.
Saint Candidus, pray for us.
Saint Innocent, pray for us.
Saint Exupernis, pray for us.
(08-04-2011, 10:05 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 09:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 09:08 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: But again, I think you miss the principle of the issue.

And I think you miss the principles of English grammar.

***Edited to add***

Unless, of course, you believe that the God damned Muslims worship the same God we do and can find salvation in their infidelity, in which case you might be right.

No, you are confusing the issue by adding your own qualifiers to what was said to make distinctions to mitigate and cover up what was said.

The word calls upon God, in vain, to judge as damned, indiscriminately and without qualification, all Muslims, even those who are yet living. "Principles of grammar" cannot cover this up, no matter how much that may be desirable.

Doesn't the Christian religion teach that you're supposed to be praying for their conversion before they go to the judgment seat of God, not calling upon God, in vain, to judge them as damned on account of the fact that they have so far presumably resisted His grace? Isn't there a commandment against calling upon God in vain in any context, let alone to call upon Him in vain to judge as damned those to whom we should beg that He show mercy? God has been merciful with us; we should pray that He shows them as much mercy as He has shown us instead of invoking God's wrath to judge those whom He has willed should yet have more time to repent.

Dear Inpefess:  Your thoughts are those of a cloistered monk or a convent sister.  Definitely you are passive.  But in the real world of today, at this moment, worldwide, muslims are butchering christians in Africa and Asia precisely because of their faith in Our Lord and in Our Lady.  May all those murderers go to you know where.  Once there, they will learn to respect the life of fellow christians who love Our Lord and Our Lady and despise Mahomet.  I don't know where you live but if you are christian, soon they will visit you, burn your house down and kill your wife and children.  Then what will you do?  Pray like a woman or act like a man?
(08-04-2011, 10:08 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: INPEFESS, no one implied that we should not pray for their conversion. Wulfrano stated a fact and you're trying to make it out that he was calling down curses on them. Not so.

Exactly, Jovan.
(08-04-2011, 10:19 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: Pacifism is for sissies and Prots.

What's "Prots"?
(08-04-2011, 11:20 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

What's "Prots"?

Protestants
(08-04-2011, 11:21 PM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 11:20 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

What's "Prots"?

Protestants

Thank you, Kevinhood.  That's ironic.  Heretical Protestants are not passive.  Those bastards are very active in spreading their antimarian heresies under a cloack of christianity.  They have missions everywhere: Africa, Russia, Asia, Europe, Latin America.  You name it.

Protestants are not pacifists.
(08-04-2011, 11:28 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Protestants are not pacifists.

Exactly.  They are very aggressive in their tirades against Our Most Holy Mother.  May they all (if the continue to do so) go to you know where.
I was referring more to actual warfare. The one's I know are pacifists.
(08-04-2011, 11:35 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: I was referring more to actual warfare. The one's I know are pacifists.

Nouvelle vague, most likely.

Sentimentalist crap.