Cardinal Burke: "Morality has ceased to exist"
Man I love Cardinal Burke!!
May God protect him!!!! :pray: :pray:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vatican...d-to-exist
“We are witnesses of a society in which, in many respects, morality has ceased to exist,” said Burke. “We are called ever more urgently to the new evangelization of our culture.”

Cardinal Burke pinpointed the problem as “moral relativism,” which he said “has even entered into the thinking of some theologians in the Church and which has provided an ideological foundation for a culture which is predominantly marked by violence and death.”

The Pope, said Cardinal Burke, “described a moral relativism, called proportionalism or consequentialism in contemporary moral theology, which has generated profound confusion and deadly error regarding the most fundamental truths of the moral order.”
(08-05-2011, 08:36 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Cardinal Burke pinpointed the problem as “moral relativism,” which he said “has even entered into the thinking of some theologians in the Church and which has provided an ideological foundation for a culture which is predominantly marked by violence and death.”

Only [b]SOME theologians??!!!!  Understatement of the year, Cardinal Burke.

That aside, I certainly do agree his message.
(08-05-2011, 08:41 AM)tmw89 Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 08:36 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Cardinal Burke pinpointed the problem as “moral relativism,” which he said “has even entered into the thinking of some theologians in the Church and which has provided an ideological foundation for a culture which is predominantly marked by violence and death.”

Only [b]SOME theologians??!!!!  Understatement of the year, Cardinal Burke.

That aside, I certainly do agree his message.

Well technically he is a "New Church" Cardinal... Not everyone is perfect you know!!!!  ::)