Even Protestants Pray for the Conversion of the Jews
(08-08-2011, 12:10 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 08:52 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 07:52 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 02:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 12:52 PM)Underdog Wrote: From a member (and future missionary) of the Assemblies of God:
Quote:This is the week that Jews worldwide mourn the destruction of both Temples thousands of years ago. Lets pray for Israel and that they find Yeshua the savior and for peace to fill Israel

Discuss.

Why "Yeshua" and not "Jesus"?

So Jews can relate better? This smells of judaising.

I don't think it's "judaising"...it's likely an effective tactic used by missionaries...and not just Protestant ones.

What surprised me, was that I did not know that Protestants pray for Jews to convert...since it's been stated as a fact over and over and over again here and elsewhere (in trad Catholic circles) that only the pre-Vat II Church did this.  And it can't be a bad thing that Prots are praying for God to give the Jews the graces to become Christians.

Protestants that believe that the Christian religion is absolutely necessary for salvation surely pray for the conversion of Jews and all non-Christians.

They also set up missions directed at those people.

I hope that by Christian religion, you mean Catholic.
Let's pray for the conversion of protestants.

You know what I meant.

Don't be obtuse.
"Why "Yeshua" and not "Jesus"?"

Means the same thing.
(08-08-2011, 03:19 PM)dan hunter Wrote: "Why "Yeshua" and not "Jesus"?"

Means the same thing.

I know that.
(08-07-2011, 02:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 12:52 PM)Underdog Wrote: From a member (and future missionary) of the Assemblies of God:
Quote:This is the week that Jews worldwide mourn the destruction of both Temples thousands of years ago. Lets pray for Israel and that they find Yeshua the savior and for peace to fill Israel

Discuss.

Why "Yeshua" and not "Jesus"?

So Jews can relate better? This smells of judaising.

It is Judaizing. And we pray for the heretics too. So game, set, match.

Don't see this as any kind of development for the good, unless your George Weigel, Father Neuhas, Deal Hudson, or Robert George.

And why should they mourn the Temple, that was a promise form our Lord that was fulfilled. And Rabbinic Judaism, which is to say, a theological debating society, has nothing to do with that old time religion.

The veil was rent after all.

But, if you are into the Manhatten Declaration and seeing the fight over abortion as an ecumenical activity based on the Civil Rights Movement, which is to say, our current Secular Religion, I can see one supporting it as something good.

I`ve seen cases in which protestans go missionaries up to jews to convert them to christianity, and they end up being jewish, or to become atheists as well (sometimes it seems to be the same thing, at least for a Catholic eye). :shrug: