Every day confessions
(08-14-2011, 06:14 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 09:23 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I knew I read somewhere of Saints who went to confession every day and recommended this practice but I could never find a source for this. I finally found a source. It's in the book "The Dogma of Hell" and "How to Avoid Hell" It's in the "How to Avoid Hell" section and it says that St. Philip Neri had the members of his Oratory go to confession every day and St. Vincent Ferrer...a great miracle worker, confessed every day.

Leo Dupont’s (Holy Man of Tours) mother told him to never to go bed unless his conscious was clear. Every time he sinned mortally he went to confession as soon as a priest was available. Of course, daily confession isn’t always available.

One should always go to confession ASAP if in a state of mortal sin. That is, if one cares about getting damned.
(08-09-2011, 09:23 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I knew I read somewhere of Saints who went to confession every day and recommended this practice but I could never find a source for this. I finally found a source. It's in the book "The Dogma of Hell" and "How to Avoid Hell" It's in the "How to Avoid Hell" section and it says that St. Philip Neri had the members of his Oratory go to confession every day and St. Vincent Ferrer...a great miracle worker, confessed every day.

Leo Dupont’s (Holy Man of Tours) mother told him to never to go bed unless his conscious was clear. Every time he sinned mortally he went to confession as soon as a priest was available. Of course, daily confession isn’t always available.

You wonder how many can even sleep at all.

Culture and society (and I'm not even going to say modern because there have been rotten people since forever) have effectively murdered the collective and expected conscious.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-15-2011, 10:55 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

You wonder how many can even sleep at all.

Culture and society (and I'm not even going to say modern because there have been rotten people since forever) have effectively murdered the collective and expected conscious.

I’ve seen a lot in social interactions where people seek affirmation that the sins they are committing are “okay.” Its really sad, you can see they have it in their heart but they either want to be like everyone else or feel its too hard to be good. IMO