Stay home if you're sick!
(08-13-2011, 08:14 PM)piabee Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 07:42 PM)Dust Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 07:07 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 06:47 PM)Dust Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 05:16 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: What did you study and what's your job?
Engineering, and yes, I am working directly in my field.
And so you look down on people who studied liberal arts and assume they've never worked hard?

Ever translate a hundred lines of Euripides at 4 in the morning? How about doing that every night for years?
In my experience, that would make you part of the exception that I was trying refer to when I pointed to places like TAC.  My impression of TAC could be way off, but I know there are exceptions.

From what I've heard of TAC, the students spend their time setting up LAN parties and sneaking off campus to drink.

Even though I don't like TAC, let's stop gossiping.
How is that gossiping? I have friends who went there and tell me that they do these things. It's not any different than Dust saying all they do is study.
(08-13-2011, 08:39 PM)piabee Wrote: How is that gossiping? I have friends who went there and tell me that they do these things. It's not any different than Dust saying all they do is study.

Let's pretend TAC was a person. Dust saying that TAC is studious doesn't make it okay for you to say that TAC hides his drinking habits.

Besides, it's hearsay anyway.
(08-13-2011, 08:45 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 08:39 PM)piabee Wrote: How is that gossiping? I have friends who went there and tell me that they do these things. It's not any different than Dust saying all they do is study.

Let's pretend TAC was a person. Dust saying that TAC is studious doesn't make it okay for you to say that TAC hides his drinking habits.

You should hear what they had to say about Berkeley.
You speak of drinking as if it is a bad thing...

They have to sneak because TAC is a dry campus.
(08-13-2011, 08:54 PM)piabee Wrote:

I'm aware of that. You still generalized TAC students in a detracting way.
(08-13-2011, 08:59 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 08:54 PM)piabee Wrote:

I'm aware of that. You still generalized TAC students in a detracting way.

*shrug. Tell that to the friend who told me.
Why can't people post here about how they want mirrored closets or they don't want people to cough on them without someone showing up to attack them? 
(08-13-2011, 05:07 PM)Dust Wrote: bad liberal ideas... err... "liberal arts"?  Unless you studied something like science or engineering or went to somewhere like TAC, chances are your degree was a joke.  Sorry.

Part of universities' role is to pass down Western culture - philosophy, literature, art, etc. Without liberal arts classes, a university would merely be a technical college. The state of liberal arts in university, and of universities as a whole, is not pretty - all the more reason conservatives should storm the field.