Does anyone smoke cigars?
I do indulge in a fine cigar and adult beverage on occasion.  Right now I have a sampler from Gurkha that I am working on and also a maduro from Black Pearl. I am fond of maduros myself. I love the Macanudo Maduro, Baron do Rothschild size. I will have to give the Hemingway Short Story a go, thanks for the tip.
used to smoke a brand probably not sold anymore,Parodi,took about half a pack of matches to light one,then another half a pack to keep it lit.That and a six pack of Iron City was good for getting the coal dust out of the throat.
I'm partial to Sancho Panzas on the higher end of the spectrum and Black Jacks at the other end. :)
Last one I had was a curlyhead. Can anyone suggest an affordable lighter?
(08-16-2011, 02:38 PM)Thomas58 Wrote: I do indulge in a fine cigar and adult beverage on occasion.  Right now I have a sampler from Gurkha that I am working on and also a maduro from Black Pearl. I am fond of maduros myself. I love the Macanudo Maduro, Baron do Rothschild size. I will have to give the Hemingway Short Story a go, thanks for the tip.

Tell me what you think of the Gurkhas. Do you know if it includes a Centurian? That is my all-time favorite cigar. Let me know what you think if you've got one and get a chance to smoke it.

Ever since I bought a humidor, I've been smoking a crapload of cigars (now I just need a man cave in which to enjoy them). I used to prefer only mild ones, but now that my taste for cigars has matured, I like the whole spectrum of tastes and strength. Really, I just like anything that has unique tastes that remind me of pleasant memories (I'm the same way with wines).

My favorites so far:
Gurkha: Centurian (an interesting smoke that constantly changes as it burns down)
Oliva: Serie G (reminds me of coffee and organic soil)
Baccarat (naturally sweet wrapper leaf, mild smoke)
5 Vegas (only tried one, but loved it)
Macanudo (Hyde Park)
La Gloria Cubana: Serie R

I've smoked a couple of Cubans, but I didn't have a well-developed taste for cigars at the time. I can tell you, however, that they were VERY strong on the nicotine content. I was lying on the floor with the ceiling spinning after smoking a Cuban Romeo y Julieta double corona.

If you want to get more out of your cigar experiences, experiment with different drinks while you smoke. Depending on the taste of the smoke, I drink coke, bourbon and coke, brandy, cognac, scotch, various red wines, water, or coffee.
I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not to big or round.

No wait.  That wasn't me.
Anyone ever smoke an H Upmann petite corona?
Any good?
I've smoked various Upmanns, but I don't recall them being too memorable. Then again, my taste in cigars may not have been very well developed whenever I smoked them.

I recently had a Gurkha Ancient Warrior Vintage. It's a long stick, worth about two hours of smoking. It was one of the most delicious smokes I've had. Lots of cocoa and toasty flavors. I smoked it with a Belgian Ale, which paired nicely. The taste stayed delicious throughout the smoke. It is a bit too long for my liking (who has two hours just to sit around and smoke), so I may cut it in half in the future.

Gurkha now has two cigars in my top five.

The other cigar I had recently was a Don Tomas maduro. Also a very flavorful cigar, but not quite up there with the Ghurka. It is priced attractively, however.
I love cigars, I have a little humidor at home for when I'm in the mood. I do like Cubans but also enjoy Hondurans as well. As far as brands go, my absolute favorite would have to be San Cristobal de la Habana and Ava Maria Reconquista, are what I mainly buy. But I also like Devil's Weed, Bolívar, El Rey del Mundo, Arganese Nicaraguan, Hoyo de Tradicion, among others. I like something strong, bold, peppery, spicey, something that's going to invade my mouth and punch me in the throat.
Cohiba  "corona especiales" are especially good.
Creamy and peaty.