Does anyone smoke cigars?
Yesterday, remembering this thread, I decided to try out the Hemingway Short Story.  Very nice experience!
(12-27-2011, 12:44 PM)tmw89 Wrote: Yesterday, remembering this thread, I decided to try out the Hemingway Short Story.  Very nice experience!

Just had one for the first time a few days ago. Very nice indeed! Well aged, flavorful tobacco. Reminded me of leather and beef jerky.
Cuban Monte Cristo's are so much better than the horrible Dominican/Connecticut Monte Cristo's.
Particularly the Edmundos.
I recently had a Fuente. I still have 3 in my box. As well as a box of vanilla for my pipe.
I had a Ghurka Centurian last night. Not as good as I remembered it being the first time I smoked one, but still very tasty and pleasant overall. Plus, I like the cartoonish quality of the double perfecto shape.
Just had a one year old H.Upmann petit corona.
The kind JFK smoked for a while.
Very medium bodied and smooth though it was a bit young.
Although I've been smoking for years, I've just recently been taking note of the characteristics I like in different cigars. What clues you in on the age of a cigar?
Do any of you guys start spitting like crazy. Occasionally I do, like a sign from my body telling me not to do it.
(01-06-2012, 04:31 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Although I've been smoking for years, I've just recently been taking note of the characteristics I like in different cigars. What clues you in on the age of a cigar?
The production date stamped on the box.
Or the company tells me if I buy singles.
(01-06-2012, 04:36 PM)Old Salt Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 04:31 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: Although I've been smoking for years, I've just recently been taking note of the characteristics I like in different cigars. What clues you in on the age of a cigar?
The production date stamped on the box.
Or the company tells me if I buy singles.

But I mean with regard to taste...can you taste the difference in well-aged cigars? It runs out that the cigars that I like best have been aged 5+ years, but I'm not sure if it's just because I happen to like the blends, or if it has to do with the aging.