beginnings of Freemasonry
Hey all,

I'm a newbie here but have been reading for the past few months.  I need help finding a thread I saw on here recently about Freemasonry.  The discussion centered around the idea that FM goes all the way back to the high priests that crucified Jesus, and also made reference to a book about this subject.

Help anyone?!?!?!
(08-17-2011, 10:35 PM)DeWayne Wrote: Hey all,

I'm a newbie here but have been reading for the past few months.  I need help finding a thread I saw on here recently about Freemasonry.  The discussion centered around the idea that FM goes all the way back to the high priests that crucified Jesus, and also made reference to a book about this subject.

Help anyone?!?!?!

Don't know of any Catholics who would say that. The Freemason's Lodges of the middle ages that built the great Cathedrals and Churches were orthodox Catholic. The anti-catholic Lodges denounced by the Church grew up in the late Renaissance/ early Enlightenment and the Grand Lodge of England, the 'Mother Lodge',was formed in 1717.
News to me, although maybe it was just super super underground.

Interested to see if anyone can find it.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
The thread wasn't suggesting that the term Freemasonry was being used way back then, it was referring to the origin of the 'inner circle' of the society.  
(08-17-2011, 10:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Help anyone?!?!?!

Don't know of any Catholics who would say that. The Freemason's Lodges of the middle ages that built the great Cathedrals and Churches were orthodox Catholic. The anti-catholic Lodges denounced by the Church grew up in the late Renaissance/ early Enlightenment and the Grand Lodge of England, the 'Mother Lodge',was formed in 1717.

True Jovan.

The mason guilds of the Middle Ages needed masons to work with freestone to build Gothic cathedrals.  Freestone is difficult to work with, requiring highly skilled stone masons.  Engineering feats of great skill were carried out by these freestone masons, they became highly respected.

The term "freemason" as in a mason that works on freestone, was born.  They were guilds.

Over time, the original "freemasons" grew to be less relevant as a group of people who actually built things and began to function more as a fraternal organization to teach young men the necessary skills and etiquette to become better members of society.

By the time of the Protestant revolution, Sir Francis Bacon and his Gnostic, Kabbalist, Rosicrucian colleagues formed the first groups of Freemasons in England.  These are the secret societies we have today.  These Lodges have no real ties to the Catholic guilds of the Middle Ages, other than perhaps having highly respected nobles/aristocrats from certain families being members.

Help anyone?!?!?!

A search here for "link between Judaism and Freemasonry" brings up about 25 threads.

Also the wikipedia for Nimrod says "Nimrod figures in some very early versions of the history of Freemasonry, where he was said to have been one of the fraternity's founders. According to the Encyclopedia of Freemasonry: The legend of the Craft in the Old Constitutions refers to Nimrod as one of the founders of Masonry. Thus in the York MS., No. 1, we read: "At ye making of ye toure of Babell there was a Masonrie first much esteemed of, and the King of Babilon yt called Nimrod was a Mason himself and loved well Masons." However, he does not figure in the current rituals."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod

Possibly a bunch of malarkey though.  According to Genesis 10 Nimrod was the son of Cush (or Chus) and great-grandson of Noah.  Nimrod was the one that commissioned the building of the tower of Babel.

Welcome to Fish Eaters DeWayne.   
William Thomas Walsh's book "Philip II" has a must read chapter on the roots of Freemasonry, including its jewish roots.
(10-09-2011, 04:22 PM)drummerboy Wrote: William Thomas Walsh's book "Philip II" has a must read chapter on the roots of Freemasonry, including its jewish roots.

Thanks,

I'm going to search that right now !  :)

Luv the Bonzo avatar...
The suggestion that Freemasonry (as we know it today) goes all the way back to the time of Christ is placing an awful lot of faith in Satan. One would basically be arguing for a sort of anti-apostolic succession; anything God can do, Satan can do just as well. The dualism is irritating.
(10-10-2011, 01:14 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: The suggestion that Freemasonry (as we know it today) goes all the way back to the time of Christ is placing an awful lot of faith in Satan. One would basically be arguing for a sort of anti-apostolic succession; anything God can do, Satan can do just as well. The dualism is irritating.

If the argument has any merit, I would hardly say one is as good as the other. 

It's opposite kingdoms-one is of this world, the other is not.