Protestant idiocy...
Lets see some examples of it, I'll start.

Useless thread.

We're acting like proud Pharisees, stroking our egos and relishing on the faults of others.

Luke 18:10-14 Wrote:"Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.
(08-18-2011, 11:37 AM)Pheo Wrote:

Hey, why are you posting this here?!  This is about Prots, not Catholics "in good standing" with the Church!  Extremist!
(08-18-2011, 12:02 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Useless thread.

We're acting like proud Pharisees, stroking our egos and relishing on the faults of others.

Luke 18:10-14 Wrote:"Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

Hear, hear.  We don't need this sort of thread.

(08-18-2011, 12:02 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Useless thread.

+1

We should keep a humble spirit and always remember that if it were not for God's freely given and completely unmerited grace, we would not be better than the unrepentant sinner next door. We should instead pray for people like these and reach them out and proclaim to them the truths of the Catholic faith.

Valz
If I saw this when I was a Prot and looking to convert (was on the main site seeking the Truth) I would be angry and turned off. No one wants to join something where they don’t feel welcome.
(08-18-2011, 09:31 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: If I saw this when I was a Prot and looking to convert (was on the main site seeking the Truth) I would be angry and turned off. No one wants to join something where they don’t feel welcome.

Exactly.  I sent an alert on this, hope it will be taken down.

(08-18-2011, 09:40 PM)Revixit Wrote: Exactly.  I sent an alert on this, hope it will be taken down.

Reported it too.
(08-18-2011, 09:31 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote: If I saw this when I was a Prot and looking to convert (was on the main site seeking the Truth) I would be angry and turned off. No one wants to join something where they don’t feel welcome.

I'm with you, which is why I went for a facetious post.  But have you read many threads on this site?  Based on this, Jews and Muslims who visit FE are really going to be turned off.  Heck, even Catholics who assist at the NO get spoken of pretty disparagingly with some regularity.  Maybe we should aim for more consistency?

Although quite frankly, rolling around on the floor in a fake ecstasy can't be described as anything more than idiocy.  But I digress...