Protestant idiocy...
Well you have to ask yourself what would the Fathers of the Church or the apostles or even Jesus Christ Himself think and do after witnessing this type of "worship".
(08-19-2011, 05:57 PM)mikemac Wrote: Well you have to ask yourself what would the Fathers of the Church or the apostles or even Jesus Christ Himself think and do after witnessing this type of "worship".

No-one in his or her sane mind approves of this kind of "worship." And no-one in this thread has done so.

However, the OP point is not about constructive criticism of "charismatic worship" or Protestant theology in general but about relishing and making fun of others simply because they're in error when it comes to matters of religion. And that's something I object to.
(08-19-2011, 05:57 PM)mikemac Wrote: Well you have to ask yourself what would the Fathers of the Church or the apostles or even Jesus Christ Himself think and do after witnessing this type of "worship".

Better question is would Jesus gather a crowd and then say "Amen, I say to you, find the nearest protestant, point, and laugh."
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I think Mike was agreeing with you Vetus atleast thats what i got out of his comment
(08-19-2011, 07:01 PM)Gorgondie Wrote: I think Mike was agreeing with you Vetus atleast thats what i got out of his comment

Yeah exactly.  The Fathers of the Church certainly wouldn't point and laugh at them.  You know, I'm thinking of how Saint Athanasius combated arianism with theology.
(08-19-2011, 10:53 PM)mikemac Wrote:
(08-19-2011, 07:01 PM)Gorgondie Wrote: I think Mike was agreeing with you Vetus atleast thats what i got out of his comment

Yeah exactly.  The Fathers of the Church certainly wouldn't point and laugh at them.  You know, I'm thinking of how Saint Athanasius combated arianism with theology.

But apparently St Nicholas combated Arius with a fist to the face.
I didn't realize that Pheo.  Is that ever cool.  Here's an account that I found about St Nicholas smacking Arius with Jesus Christ and the Blessed Virgin's reward for him doing so, including three traditional icons depicting it.
http://cantuar.blogspot.com/2010/12/sain...-face.html

[Image: nicholas-punches-arius.jpg]

[Image: sinnic.jpg]

[Image: 317163508_fea2ea9f01_o.jpg]

And then there's Jesus getting furious with the money changers outside the temple.

Maybe we are just programed to be too nice.  Imagine if Pope Benedict punched out the high rabbi for not recognizing Jesus Christ for who He is.  :laughing:
All beyond that, it`s not about making fun, the thing is that our Catholic Church is not only true, pious, culturally superior (in terms of the Teological and philosophical development, as well as in argumentation-which results in the last in a very organized structure, in men`s minds as well as in their societies.), but it also (Church) have a most high conception of beauty. I always thought that Catholics seem sober followers of Jesus, while pros seem a bunch of drunken crowd. Today protestantism assumes that (how can I say it in english? In spanish we call it Populismo, which means a degraded -and degradating- form to reach unto people, not helping people to arise their spirits to the truth, but vulgarising the truth to the low spirit of the masses). Another of the achievements of the Church: to be able of giving the truth of the Gospel unto the masses without vulgarising its content. Sorry pros, it takes so much more to do that. I can`t remember any of the apostles dancing and screaming and jumping and bubbling as the pros do. :pazzo:
These are fringe groups within Protestantism. You need to make that distinction.

There's also a charismatic movement within Catholicism approved by the Pope, not to mention the liberal nutties and the Neo-Catechumenal way. Would you want the Church to be judged by those fringe movements? Of course not.
To vetusordo: Its a shame that Catholicism goes into that kind of worship. Of course you can`t judge for that kind of groups but here (latin america) ALL protestant crowds worship the same manner. I judge for that, sorry if I made unjust generalizations, but, I repeat: that`s the kind of protestantism I see daily in my country.  :)