Protestant idiocy...
(10-11-2011, 11:56 AM)Jhonnier Wrote: To vetusordo: Its a shame that Catholicism goes into that kind of worship. Of course you can`t judge for that kind of groups but here (latin america) ALL protestant crowds worship the same manner. I judge for that, sorry if I made unjust generalizations, but, I repeat: that`s the kind of protestantism I see daily in my country.  :)

Yes, I know.

Most Protestant missions in South America are of the Pentecostal and Charismatic type. It's the "new wave" of Protestantism that began in the early 20th century.
(10-11-2011, 01:51 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 11:56 AM)Jhonnier Wrote: To vetusordo: Its a shame that Catholicism goes into that kind of worship. Of course you can`t judge for that kind of groups but here (latin america) ALL protestant crowds worship the same manner. I judge for that, sorry if I made unjust generalizations, but, I repeat: that`s the kind of protestantism I see daily in my country.  :)

Yes, I know.

Most Protestant missions in South America are of the Pentecostal and Charismatic type. It's the "new wave" of Protestantism that began in the early 20th century.

CatholicISM does NOT go into that kind of worship, CatholICS do. 
(10-11-2011, 02:08 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 01:51 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Yes, I know.

CatholicISM does NOT go into that kind of worship, CatholICS do. 

The Pope has given his blessing and approval to that kind of worship.
The Pope is wrong then, as this "form of worship" is clearly a result of Biblical mistranslations.  "Speaking in Tongues" is a lie, the Gift of Tongues is a holy thing only a few Saints were given, St. Padre Pio being one of them.
Take it up with him, not me.

I despise these things but the vicar of Christ is okay with them.
(10-11-2011, 05:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Take it up with him, not me.

I despise these things but the vicar of Christ is okay with them.

My original response was to Jhonnier's.
Even if the vicar of Christ approved that kind of worship, it still seem a frightfull form of worship for me, makes me think on that affrican rites, something that hides a dark thing in it (its a prejudice, maybe, but I was raised in the sobriety of traditional Catholicism (than God, and my mother). Don`t mean to argue. :)
(10-11-2011, 11:46 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: These are fringe groups within Protestantism. You need to make that distinction.

They may not even be Protestant.  Some Pentecostals reject belief in the Holy Trinity and are, as a result, unitarian in belief, not Christian, even though they call themselves such.  It's not clear from the video what this group believes. 

And with the increase in Pentecostalism in places like Latin America (God help us!), groups like these are becoming more and more mainstream and less and less "fringe."

To us, who are Catholics, it does look scary and demonic.  Who knows what could happen during such an event?  Looks more like a Rolling Stones concert than worship.

I agree with you though.  Although it's hard not to mock, the old saying comes to mind, "There, but for the grace of God, go I."  We need to convince these people by the purity of our lives and the coherence of our theology.

Let us pray for them.  They are deluded. 
(10-11-2011, 02:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: The Pope is wrong then, as this "form of worship" is clearly a result of Biblical mistranslations.  "Speaking in Tongues" is a lie, the Gift of Tongues is a holy thing only a few Saints were given, St. Padre Pio being one of them.

And "Speaking in Tongues" isn't the jabberwocky that the Pentecostals think it is - Speaking in tongues was a gift of the Holy Spirit to the early Christians, namely the Apostles, to spread the religion to people whose language they did not naturally speak.  Scripture is quite clear that this gift would end, which shows us that there would come a time when it was no longer needed.
(10-24-2011, 09:21 AM)Nic Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 02:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: The Pope is wrong then, as this "form of worship" is clearly a result of Biblical mistranslations.  "Speaking in Tongues" is a lie, the Gift of Tongues is a holy thing only a few Saints were given, St. Padre Pio being one of them.

And "Speaking in Tongues" isn't the jabberwocky that the Pentecostals think it is - Speaking in tongues was a gift of the Holy Spirit to the early Christians, namely the Apostles, to spread the religion to people whose language they did not naturally speak.  Scripture is quite clear that this gift would end, which shows us that there would come a time when it was no longer needed.

That's what I said. The Gift of Tongues.