Protestant idiocy...
(08-19-2011, 04:16 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(08-19-2011, 12:56 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: What Vetus said. It might help US (you and me) if we look at Protestants as "potential Catholics" instead of idiots. They need to be converted and we're not going to do that by making fun of them. That's why this IS a useless thread.

English
[edit] Alternative forms

idiotcy

[edit] Etymology

Could be from Ancient Greek ἰδιωτεία (idioteia), or perhaps simply from idiot + -cy.
[edit] Noun

idiocy (plural idiocies)

(psychology) The state or condition of being an idiot; the quality of having an intelligence level far below average; mental retardation.
    An act lacking intelligence or sense; an instance of senselessness; extremely foolish behaviour.

The administrators, growing tired of such idiocy, put a new policy in place.

If the shoe fits...

But the shoe does not fit so you must acquit!

All Protestants don't have low intelligence levels.  Most Protestants don't have low intelligence levels.  Where did you get this off-the-wall idea about Protestants?  ???

(10-11-2011, 11:55 PM)Cooler King Wrote:Speaking of languages...
Does anyone know how many languages Bp. Williamson speaks?
Until now, I know he speaks English, French, German, Spanish and Latin.
Any more?

Off topic much?  Start a thread in the forum where discussions of the EF and SSPX are supposed to be held.

Edit:  Henry VIII and Thomas Cromwell each spoke several languages, too, but led the break of the Church of England from the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Speaking several languages is not required for, and does not guarantee, salvation.

(10-24-2011, 03:07 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 09:21 AM)Nic Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 02:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: The Pope is wrong then, as this "form of worship" is clearly a result of Biblical mistranslations.  "Speaking in Tongues" is a lie, the Gift of Tongues is a holy thing only a few Saints were given, St. Padre Pio being one of them.

And "Speaking in Tongues" isn't the jabberwocky that the Pentecostals think it is - Speaking in tongues was a gift of the Holy Spirit to the early Christians, namely the Apostles, to spread the religion to people whose language they did not naturally speak.  Scripture is quite clear that this gift would end, which shows us that there would come a time when it was no longer needed.

That's what I said. The Gift of Tongues.

Well if Scripture is quite clear that this gift of the Holy Ghost would cease, and it is quite clear, then why are you stating that a man in the 20th century possessed it?  I believe that this was a gift given to spread the religion since the Disciples were mostly simple men without the knowledge of other languages.  This is how God solved this problem, also giving more credence to the message being given.
(10-25-2011, 07:15 PM)Nic Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 03:07 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(10-24-2011, 09:21 AM)Nic Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 02:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: The Pope is wrong then, as this "form of worship" is clearly a result of Biblical mistranslations.  "Speaking in Tongues" is a lie, the Gift of Tongues is a holy thing only a few Saints were given, St. Padre Pio being one of them.

And "Speaking in Tongues" isn't the jabberwocky that the Pentecostals think it is - Speaking in tongues was a gift of the Holy Spirit to the early Christians, namely the Apostles, to spread the religion to people whose language they did not naturally speak.  Scripture is quite clear that this gift would end, which shows us that there would come a time when it was no longer needed.

That's what I said. The Gift of Tongues.

Well if Scripture is quite clear that this gift of the Holy Ghost would cease, and it is quite clear, then why are you stating that a man in the 20th century possessed it?  I believe that this was a gift given to spread the religion since the Disciples were mostly simple men without the knowledge of other languages.  This is how God solved this problem, also giving more credence to the message being given.

There are accounts of many saints, including St. Padre Pio, speaking and understanding languages previously unknown to them.