Names Day
Another great post Cindy.
Thank you for this.  I do quite enjoy your posts and am insulted on your behalf but what has been said to you in this thread.
When is Josue's day?
(08-18-2011, 10:20 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: Thank you for this.  I do quite enjoy your posts and am insulted on your behalf but what has been said to you in this thread.

Well, I only made a suggestion, one that I think is very reasonable.  Posting something from another source without any comment or reasoning -- why did you post it?  Tell us about it.  It's not selfish or self-centered to "do the me thing" since she is the one choosing to post it under her screen name.  I actually want to know why she posted it and what she thinks. 

You can disagree.  But for you to feel insulted is just ridiculous.  I didn't say anything objectively insulting.  Get a thicker skin!

Cindy can disagree with me too.  Her mentioning leaving the forum over what I said is just plain ridiculous as well.  She needs to get some thicker skin!

No one personally insulted either of you, sheesh.
To above poster, perhaps a little more charity would go a long way?
(08-18-2011, 11:01 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: To above poster, perhaps a little more charity would go a long way?

Could you point out what I wrote that lacked charity?  Really, I ask to be corrected.

The way I see it, I really objected (and still object) to the practice of posting things copied from other places, without comment.  I know the OP mentioned they are works of saints and good things, and I agree they are good things.  But I could post random excellent passages from Scripture, or St. Augustine, or G. K. Chesterton ... but it's good to have a context and a reason to invite discussion.

I stand by that view.

I also mentioned that I appreciate the novena postings ... when a certain novena is due to start and you post a remind, it makes perfect sense and the context is obvious.

So I never did and never would say something like "hey you dummy, why are you doing this, you should do it my way, I don't like you." I didn't say that and I don't think that.  So how was I uncharitable?

I think I just made a contrary observation and that you are overreacting (greatly overreacting).
(08-18-2011, 03:59 PM)Cindy Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 03:16 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Please don't create posts simply pasting from other websites!  If you have someone you want to say, quote the relevant part and make your comments.
I quite enjoyed this article and thought I'd share.

Well, there goes my participation here.
See, I post novenas or post what I believe is relevant from other sites......
because I trust Priests and Saints writings and comments much more than I do my own.
God bless you.

Thank you, acatholiclife.
It's ok...all is good.

newyorkcatholic,
I wish now I wouldn't of responded to your post...but after I did I couldn't figure out how to delete it.
See, I said "Well there goes my participation here" because by your wording I thought you were a moderator/administrator.
So in that case I would not be participating here anymore as I really, really would not have a clue WHAT to write on some of my posts even if I wanted to.
I am comfortable posting novenas and such, I am not so comfortable doing what I am doing right now "thinking of my own words."
So I hope this is finished now.
God bless you, and I apologize ....for something. :)

Quote:newyorkcatholic,
I wish now I wouldn't of responded to your post...but after I did I couldn't figure out how to delete it.
See, I said "Well there goes my participation here" because by your wording I thought you were a moderator/administrator.
So in that case I would not be participating here anymore as I really, really would not have a clue WHAT to write on some of my posts even if I wanted to.
I am comfortable posting novenas and such, I am not so comfortable doing what I am doing right now "thinking of my own words."
So I hope this is finished now.
God bless you, and I apologize ....for something. :)

Hi Cindy!  Let's start over.  I'm not a moderator, and I'm sorry I came across as "dictating" when really I was telling you my opinion.  Even after what you have said, I still think your thoughts would be worthwhile (since you are posting the article).

But if you still want to post the articles, and you aren't convinced to do what I am suggesting, you should do what you think is right.  If you are partially convinced, you might try adding more of your thoughts, but of course that is not my decision.

I don't want anyone to leave the forum on my account.  And others like your posts exactly the way they are, so that's important.

I never wanted to be uncharitable!  I just wanted to express my opinion.
Welcome to the forum! 
Hi newyorkcatholic,
It's a deal, friend....we'll start over.

Hi Josue,
I tried finding your names day.
If it is Joshua it is September 1st.
http://saintsoftheday108.blogspot.com/20...jesus.html
If it has to be Saint Josue, all that comes up is San Jose sharks.  :)