Headcoverings
Hello,

I am looking for a website or store that has inexpensive mantillas/headcoverings and figured all of you would probably know the best places. I would like to buy a bunch of them to give away for free to any women in our parish who would like to wear them. As you can imagine m parish budget fits inside a thimble so I am trying to be as cost conscious as possible while still paying a fair price for the labor and love that went into them. If you have a favorite shop, please let me know. Thanks!
(08-19-2011, 02:40 PM)aDREfromMI Wrote: Hello,

I am looking for a website or store that has inexpensive mantillas/headcoverings and figured all of you would probably know the best places. I would like to buy a bunch of them to give away for free to any women in our parish who would like to wear them. As you can imagine m parish budget fits inside a thimble so I am trying to be as cost conscious as possible while still paying a fair price for the labor and love that went into them. If you have a favorite shop, please let me know. Thanks!

Wow you are a DRE and you want to encourage wearing of veils, that's awesome.  Power to you!

My low cost suggestion is not easy, but it's the lowest cost: buy the lace and sew the mantillas! 
I agree that buying your own lace is the cheapest.  But if you don't have the time or resources, I have found luck in contact people from Etsy who make and sell veils.  If you tell them you want to buy a bulk number of veils, they often will give you a HUGE discount.  Other than that, you may try some wholesale resources.
Oh dear. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue how to sew, much less where to buy the lace!

http://www.modestyveils.com/ seems to have some reasonably priced veils for children and adults. Does anyone have experience with them? Some websites charge up to $50 for their headcoverings. Yikes. I am hoping to keep 5-10 of each (child and adult) around and replace them as need be. What are some whole sale resources?

And yes, there are some of us out there quietly catechizing and promoting our traditional faith from within. Smile
(08-19-2011, 02:54 PM)aDREfromMI Wrote: Oh dear. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue how to sew, much less where to buy the lace!

http://www.modestyveils.com/ seems to have some reasonably priced veils for children and adults. Does anyone have experience with them? Some websites charge up to $50 for their headcoverings. Yikes. I am hoping to keep 5-10 of each (child and adult) around and replace them as need be. What are some whole sale resources?

And yes, there are some of us out there quietly catechizing and promoting our traditional faith from within. Smile

$50 is pretty pricey, though hats cost even more these days.  There are a couple of members here who make veils for sale, unless they have quit doing it recently.  Try posting your request in the Domestic Arts forum and the Buy and Sell forum. 

What's a DRE?
(08-19-2011, 07:17 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: What's a DRE?

Director of Religous Education

I bought mine from    http://www.sacramentals.org/ChapelVeils.htm

The lady was a joy to deal with and I think reasonably priced.  I don't know if she could give you a price break or not for larger orders.  Can't hurt to ask!  God bless!!

I remember you from before wen you were asking about the pre-VII baptism rite. 

Aren't you from the diocese of Lansing, but grew up in Grand Rapids?

Check out http://rosamysticamantilla.com/  These are made by fellow FE member Jacafamala.  She may be able to work out a volume discount with you.

BTW - what is the name of your parish?  Being from Michigan, I would like to know where this good parish is.  ;D
(08-19-2011, 08:27 PM)Gert Wrote: I bought mine from    http://www.sacramentals.org/ChapelVeils.htm

The lady was a joy to deal with and I think reasonably priced.  I don't know if she could give you a price break or not for larger orders.  Can't hurt to ask!  God bless!!

I've never bought a veil from them, for obvious reasons, but I have bought prayer books. I'd like to put in a good word for them. They are, indeed, a joy to deal with. I'm now only a few miles from them and I hope to meet them in person soon.