Poll: Which ancient Liturgy do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ancient Liturgy Preference (only respond if you have attended both)
(08-24-2011, 12:58 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 12:54 AM)Silouan Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 11:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The east has been a plague to the Church since the 11th century.

Then why pursue the unia so energetically? We would be more than happy to take them back and relieve you of that "plague" at any time.

The plague is precisely you, not the faithful uniates who have been sold out after Vatican II.
I'm sorry for not reading your post in it's entirety. Although I would not refer to the Orthodox as the"plague". It's rather disrespectful. I also do not believe that Eastern Catholics have been sold out after Vatican II. Eastern Catholic have been encouraged to Eastern traditions via Vatican II.
By a slight margin, I prefer the TLM over the DL despite the fact that I'm canonically a Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic.  The reason partly has to do with the "Revised" Divine Liturgy (RDL).  The RDL omits or truncates litanies and uses inclusive language, though at least it's only horizontally so...still ticks me off!

Another reason is I simply prefer many of the traditional prayers and devotions of the Roman Church.
(09-26-2011, 10:23 PM)AdOrientem Wrote: By a slight margin, I prefer the TLM over the DL despite the fact that I'm canonically a Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic.  The reason partly has to do with the "Revised" Divine Liturgy (RDL).  The RDL omits or truncates litanies and uses inclusive language, though at least it's only horizontally so...still ticks me off!

Another reason is I simply prefer many of the traditional prayers and devotions of the Roman Church.

Revised DL sounds... pretty disappointing.
(08-22-2011, 06:50 PM)usque ad hilaritatem Wrote: If Christ would have been worried about people having false ideas regarding communion under both kinds, why would he have instituted it under both kinds?

Very good question.

Christ instituted the Holy Eucharist under both species because the Mass is, as St. Paul calls it, the "showing of the death of the Lord" to our Father in Heaven for the atonement of sin.

The Mass is the re-presentation of the Sacrifice of Calvary during which the substance of Christ's Body and Blood is made present and separated under the appearances of bread and wine. The separate consecrations of bread and wine represent the accidental separation of the substance of Christ's Body and Blood upon the Cross.
I didn't respond because I haven't attended Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. What is it? Is it a Catholic service? Where can I go?
(10-02-2011, 05:32 PM)paul11b Wrote: I didn't respond because I haven't attended Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. What is it? Is it a Catholic service? Where can I go?

It's the Divine Liturgy celebrated on most Sundays and Feast Days at any Catholic Church of the Byzantine Rite. Don't know if there's one near you, but look for Ukrainian Catholic Churches or Byzantine Catholic Churches, the two largest groups in North America. In Alberta we have 88 UC Churches, 12 in Edmonton alone!
(10-03-2011, 12:53 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 05:32 PM)paul11b Wrote: I didn't respond because I haven't attended Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom. What is it? Is it a Catholic service? Where can I go?

It's the Divine Liturgy celebrated on most Sundays and Feast Days at any Catholic Church of the Byzantine Rite. Don't know if there's one near you, but look for Ukrainian Catholic Churches or Byzantine Catholic Churches, the two largest groups in North America. In Alberta we have 88 UC Churches, 12 in Edmonton alone!
Oh then I have been...haha, I didn't know that's what it was called, I just always called it Byzantine Mass. I think I like Latin Mass better though. Byzantine Mass (Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom) is beautiful though.
(10-02-2011, 05:32 PM)paul11b Wrote: What is it? Is it a Catholic service?

Yes, it's the Eastern Catholic Mass.

They call it "Divine Liturgy."
(10-04-2011, 03:47 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

You know, I used to get so pissed off when I heard people refer to it as a byzantine mass, yet I read the last two posts, and nothing angry stirred in me.  You people must be rubbing off on me :(
(10-04-2011, 05:44 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 03:47 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

You know, I used to get so pissed off when I heard people refer to it as a byzantine mass, yet I read the last two posts, and nothing angry stirred in me.  You people must be rubbing off on me :(

Why did you get "pissed off"?

"Mass" is used in the sense of liturgy. It's analogous.