Saint John of Avila to be Declared a Doctor of the Church
I don't accept women as Doctors of the Church in light of the teachings of St. Paul.
Same here! I would love to see St. Louis Marie DeMontfort declared a doctor of the Church though!

(08-21-2011, 08:56 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: I don't accept women as Doctors of the Church in light of the teachings of St. Paul.

You should send His Holiness a letter explaining that.

I'm sure he cares about who you accept and who you don't.
(08-21-2011, 09:13 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 08:56 PM)acatholiclife Wrote: I don't accept women as Doctors of the Church in light of the teachings of St. Paul.

Too bad he doesn't care to listen to the teachings of St. Paul.  I'm sure he prefers seeing protestanized Catholics wave hands and commit sacrilege at WYD.
(08-21-2011, 09:16 PM)acatholiclife Wrote:

Too bad he doesn't care to listen to the teachings of St. Paul.  I'm sure he prefers seeing protestanized Catholics wave hands and commit sacrilege at WYD.

You should include that in your letter, too.
(08-21-2011, 09:23 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:

I won't waste a stamp

Popes Gregory XV and Urban VII stated Teresa of Avila was equal to a doctor of the church.  If only they would have burned her writings instead, no?
(08-21-2011, 09:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Popes Gregory XV and Urban VII stated Teresa of Avila was equal to a doctor of the church.  If only they would have burned her writings instead, no?

They should read the Catechism of a Maverick Layman.  That oughtta straighten them out.
(08-21-2011, 09:31 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 09:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

They should read the Catechism of a Maverick Layman.  That oughtta straighten them out.

Also why do we have these statues of Our Blessed Lady all over the place? Looks like rampant feminism to me! 
Bishop Williamson gave an excellent argument against the gender blending of calling these sainted women doctors in his interview with Colleen Hammond a few years ago. 

He said when you study their writings, they are "maternal" in their approach and not actual "teachers" in the formal sense, using reason and syllogism. 

Calling them doctors is just using / abusing them to appeal to the feminist politically correct sects.  What they have to say is incredibly important.  It's just not categorically of the same nature as what the doctors of the Church teach.

The feminist mentality has been on of invasion against males just as homosexual agendas are all about invasion and destruction of the understanding of family and relationship. 

It's a reintroduction of Nominalism in which words no longer have any connection with what they refer to. 

Female "doctors" is no different than homosexual marriage or homosexual couples (instead of pairs) and meat-eating vegetarians.