Saint John of Avila to be Declared a Doctor of the Church
(08-21-2011, 10:09 PM)Gerard Wrote: Female "doctors" is no different than homosexual marriage

[Image: facepalm_picard2.jpg]
I saw St. John's confessional in Avila Smile
(08-21-2011, 10:09 PM)Gerard Wrote: Bishop Williamson gave an excellent argument against the gender blending of calling these sainted women doctors in his interview with Colleen Hammond a few years ago. 

He said when you study their writings, they are "maternal" in their approach and not actual "teachers" in the formal sense, using reason and syllogism.   

Calling them doctors is just using / abusing them to appeal to the feminist politically correct sects.  What they have to say is incredibly important.  It's just not categorically of the same nature as what the doctors of the Church teach.

The feminist mentality has been on of invasion against males just as homosexual agendas are all about invasion and destruction of the understanding of family and relationship. 

It's a reintroduction of Nominalism in which words no longer have any connection with what they refer to. 

Female "doctors" is no different than homosexual marriage or homosexual couples (instead of pairs) and meat-eating vegetarians. 

Amen
(08-21-2011, 10:54 PM)acatholiclife Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 10:09 PM)Gerard Wrote: Bishop Williamson gave an excellent argument against the gender blending of calling these sainted women doctors in his interview with Colleen Hammond a few years ago. 

He said when you study their writings, they are "maternal" in their approach and not actual "teachers" in the formal sense, using reason and syllogism.   

Calling them doctors is just using / abusing them to appeal to the feminist politically correct sects.  What they have to say is incredibly important.  It's just not categorically of the same nature as what the doctors of the Church teach.

The feminist mentality has been on of invasion against males just as homosexual agendas are all about invasion and destruction of the understanding of family and relationship. 

It's a reintroduction of Nominalism in which words no longer have any connection with what they refer to. 

Female "doctors" is no different than homosexual marriage or homosexual couples (instead of pairs) and meat-eating vegetarians. 

Amen

[Image: Double_Facepalm_by_ScotlandForLife.jpg]
[Image: SaintTeresaAvila.jpg]

LOL You lose.

Oh, by the way, have you guys ever actually read her works. ... Nothing to learn from her.  Rolling eyes
(08-21-2011, 11:19 PM)Roger the Shrubber Wrote: [Image: SaintTeresaAvila.jpg]

LOL You lose.

Oh, by the way, have you guys ever actually read her works. ... Nothing to learn from her.  Rolling eyes

What does having anything to learn from her have to do with calling her "doctor"? 

And who said anything about nothing to learn from her?  You think because someone has something valuable, they are entitled to be used to hijack language and gender roles?    You are making the women-priest argument. 
(08-22-2011, 12:43 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 11:19 PM)Roger the Shrubber Wrote: [Image: SaintTeresaAvila.jpg]

LOL You lose.

What does having anything to learn from her have to do with calling her "doctor"? 

And who said anything about nothing to learn from her?  You think because someone has something valuable, they are entitled to be used to hijack language and gender roles?    You are making the women-priest argument. 

From what I have read from the SSPX website is that she should be considered a Doctor-Virgin.  I guess I will stop reading that website too...
(08-21-2011, 09:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Popes Gregory XV and Urban VII stated Teresa of Avila was equal to a doctor of the church.  If only they would have burned her writings instead, no?

I wonder why those Popes didn't declare her a doctor.  Maybe they understood something about masculinity and feminiity that Paul VI and JPII didn't.  

Maybe she should be called a "Father of the Church" as well.  No rules seem to apply it seems.  Gender doesn't matter, why should chronological placement?
Every Catholic worth his salt knows that these female doctors are just a modernist invention to appease feminism and liberalism.

It's not even worth discussing. It's just plain pathetic! "Look! The Church has women doctors too! Please, come next Sunday!"
(08-22-2011, 12:46 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
Quote: What does having anything to learn from her have to do with calling her "doctor"? 

From what I have read from the SSPX website is that she should be considered a Doctor-Virgin.  I guess I will stop reading that website too...

Oh. I'm sorry.  I thought you actually had a point to make.   Are you going to answer my questions or just make smarmy comments based on your rash judgment?