The fascinating superstitions of Muhammad
LOL

doubt mohamet liked strong willed woman who could easily kill him.
sip
mmmmm
unless she was a 9 year old and even then
sip
whatever
Interesting and telling.

How would this information best be used in apologetics, specifically with the intention of knocking down the idea that Islam is some kind of equal to the Catholic Church? People like to throw out the other major religions to support indifferentist arguments against the truth.

Sure, this stuff could easily be stated in debate or discussion, but I'm wondering how some of you guys who know a lot more than me about apologetics would use these verses in sound argument.
Satans pissed in my ear a lot if thats true
(08-20-2011, 06:18 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: - A person should wipe their butt with an odd number of stones after defecating (Bukhari 4:162)

I am having a little trouble figuring out how exactly stones might work for this purpose?  OUCH!!!

Anyway, double-check your sources - a quick Google for Bukhari 4:162 gets me this:

That he participated in a Ghazwa (Holy-Battle) in the company of Allah's Apostle. Midday came upon them while they were in a valley having many thorny trees. The people dispersed to rest in the shade of the trees. The Prophet rested under a tree, hung his sword on it, and then slept. Then he woke up to find near to him, a man whose presence he had not noticed before. The Prophet said, "This (man) took my sword (out of its scabbard) and said, 'Who will save you from me.' I replied, 'Allah.' So, he put the sword back into its scabbard, and you see him sitting here." Anyhow, the Prophet did not punish him.

Islam's got enough wrong with it without adding on made-up stuff.

Edited to add:

In fairness, these others appear to be validly sourced:
- Oversleeping is caused by Satan urinating in one’s ear (Bukhari 54:492)
- Satan sleeps in one's nose, so water should be snorted each day (Bukhari 54:516)
I always found the Islamic prophecies for the end of the world, and all that stuff about Jinn to be rather fascinating. 
not me. ive spent a fair amount of time with mohamadans. teaching the ISA some years ago. anyway not much to it. silly arab moon paganism wrapped around some nestorianism and blended with judiasm.
not very interesting for me really.
as for the stones. well remember toilet paper is a very new new thing int he grand scheme of things. in an enviroment such as arabia using water or a stick (just not the shitty end of the stick) wasnt much an option given how little water and trees are around. the  mohamadans have to whipe their ass with somethin.
stones and sand is what they have.
in the bush and up in the tundra i had to use what ever i could find. such is way of the frontier.
no biggy
Quote:- Satan causes yawning (Bukhari 73:245)

Another interesting fact - according to a Catholic Exorcist (Fr. Ripperger, FSSP), yawning can also be caused by demons.  Not always, but in extreme circumstances. 
sure. but so can heads spinning, levetating pea soup and getting married
sip
not always but soemtimes
(08-21-2011, 11:24 AM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 06:18 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: - A person should wipe their butt with an odd number of stones after defecating (Bukhari 4:162)

I am having a little trouble figuring out how exactly stones might work for this purpose?  OUCH!!!

Anyway, double-check your sources - a quick Google for Bukhari 4:162 gets me this:

That he participated in a Ghazwa (Holy-Battle) in the company of Allah's Apostle. Midday came upon them while they were in a valley having many thorny trees. The people dispersed to rest in the shade of the trees. The Prophet rested under a tree, hung his sword on it, and then slept. Then he woke up to find near to him, a man whose presence he had not noticed before. The Prophet said, "This (man) took my sword (out of its scabbard) and said, 'Who will save you from me.' I replied, 'Allah.' So, he put the sword back into its scabbard, and you see him sitting here." Anyhow, the Prophet did not punish him.

Islam's got enough wrong with it without adding on made-up stuff.

It's not made up stuff.

Perhaps you should check it again. Try here or here:

Quote:Volume 1, Book 4, Number 162:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If anyone of you performs ablution he should put water in his nose and then blow it out and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do so with odd numbers. And whoever wakes up from his sleep should wash his hands before putting them in the water for ablution, because nobody knows where his hands were during sleep."
(08-21-2011, 01:32 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
Quote: And whoever wakes up from his sleep should wash his hands before putting them in the water for ablution, because nobody knows where his hands were during sleep."
Where possibly are you putting your hands during sleep? If your doing anything kinky, your awake to be moving your hands. My guess is overspray from satanic pee gets on your hands if you oversleep :P