Can you recommend Sermons-Meditations on old Liturgical Calendar
Can anyone recommend books or even websites, though I would prefer books so I can take to church, that has readings/sermons/meditations based on the old liturgical calendar? 

Thank you in advance.
(08-20-2011, 08:58 PM)Gert Wrote: Can anyone recommend books or even websites, though I would prefer books so I can take to church, that has readings/sermons/meditations based on the old liturgical calendar? 

Thank you in advance.

Divine Intimacy
Meditations on the Interior Life for Every Day of the Liturgical Year
By: Rev. Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen O.C.D

Available from TAN. Not cheap, but the best!
Yes, I have that one.  It's good, but I was looking for something that is based more on the saints of the calendar for each day, the Gospel or Epistle for that day etc.  At one time I had The Church's Year of Grace.  But it wasn't quite giving me the spiritual food for meditative prayer that I was looking for.  So I guess I'm looking for something that would be a mix of those two books that I could use for daily Mass.
This is literally what you're looking for.  lol
http://www.amazon.com/Sermons-Cur%C3%A9-...0911845348
You can always go with Dom Gueranger's "The Liturgical Year."
(08-20-2011, 10:49 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: This is literally what you're looking for.  lol
http://www.amazon.com/Sermons-Cur%C3%A9-...0911845348

I just realized where our pastor cribs all his sermons from....
With the Church: Meditations on the Missal and the Breviary by Fr Mathias Goossens OFM published in 1962.
This place is a treasure of everything (almost) in Catholic literature -- All works by the saints free to download.  http://www.sanctepater.com/2010/02/free-...books.html

The Church's Year by Fr. Leonard Goffine (explanation of the Epistles and Gospels for all Sundays, holidays, and othe festivals of the Church).  http://calefactory.org/books/goffine/index.htm

Look up the sermons of Fr. Francis Hunolt.
(08-20-2011, 08:58 PM)Gert Wrote: Can anyone recommend books or even websites, though I would prefer books so I can take to church, that has readings/sermons/meditations based on the old liturgical calendar? 

Thank you in advance.

I found a website that has the old Liturgical Calendar.  It is updated on this E-Newsletter web page for each current month.  For August, 2011, it is the 5th box with a link in it down from the top.  It is at:  http://www.shrineofsaintjude.net/homenews.html

The 3rd link box, 2 boxes above this one, again for August, 2011, has the link to the Sunday Sermons contents page which is arranged in date, and therefore, automatically, in liturgical calendar, sequence.  It seems to me the Sunday Sermons, to which this contents page links, are very Traditional, but even better, my personal experience is that they are very realistic and practical and geared for today, not yesterday!

What I have found very helpful for me, personally, is that each of the Sermon web pages has what is called a Proper Preparation  before reading the Epistle and Gospel for that Sunday, plus the Sermon which follows the Epistle and Gospel.

In addition, unlike all of the other Sermons I have found in different books, and even listening to them in churches for many, many years, every Sermon concludes with what is called Resolutions which consists of one or more very practical resolutions or suggestions to make and of which to make a good use during the rest of the week! 

In other words, it is kinda like a Spiritual homework assignment for that week.  :)

So you do not just read the Sermon, you also are given one or more practical suggestions of how to apply one or more points of the Sermon to your own life.

This is like the fruit of the Sermon, at least that is what I call it.  So you don't just read the Sermon, the Sermon comes ALIVE by a practical and realistic living of it in your own way during the week!  It seems to me this is a very simple, easy way to help one to become a better person and a better Catholic!  Real practical!   

How many times I have forgotten a Sermon after I walk out the Church door!  :-[  But the resolutions and practical suggestions get me to thinking.  :pray:  Hopefully that is not too dangerous for me ???

Also, near the top of the Sermon web page for each Sunday there is a link for the Ordinary of the Mass for folks who do not have a Sunday Missal.

Thank you for reading!

God Bless You!

A Catholic Catholic
(08-21-2011, 01:21 AM)Scotus Wrote: With the Church: Meditations on the Missal and the Breviary by Fr Mathias Goossens OFM published in 1962.

Thank you SO MUCH for recommending this book!  It is perfect!  Just what I was looking for!  A meditation that I can use every day, not too long, not too short.  The meditations are not so much for informational purposes as they are food for getting you to look inside yourself or to ponder certain things about God so as to grow closer to Him in loving uninon.  Thank you again so much, and thank you to everyone else's suggestions too.  God bless!!