Bishop Fellay to meet with Cardinal Levada in September
My FSSP pastor mentioned this meeting from the pulpit today. He said he suspected there would be some big news and that the book would finally be closed on this long standing issue. I wonder if he has any inside information or was just reading the same stuff we are? 

I am still skeptical that this will be anything other than a photo op.
(08-21-2011, 11:52 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: My FSSP pastor mentioned this meeting from the pulpit today. He said he suspected there would be some big news and that the book would finally be closed on this long standing issue. I wonder if he has any inside information or was just reading the same stuff we are?   

Brother in Christ, do you truly believe that ? A photo op ?
(08-21-2011, 01:44 PM)Dominus est Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 11:52 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: My FSSP pastor mentioned this meeting from the pulpit today. He said he suspected there would be some big news and that the book would finally be closed on this long standing issue. I wonder if he has any inside information or was just reading the same stuff we are?   

Brother in Christ, do you truly believe that ? A photo op ?

I hope I am proven wrong. 
(08-21-2011, 12:48 AM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: My birthday is September 14. Usually when Vatican events take place on important feasts, it means something important is taking place. Hence, The Pope signs important documents or releases them on solemnities or feasts.

I've noticed that too.  Maybe they've already made a decison BUT they will release it on the holy day

Interesting that your FSSP pastor would mention this from the pulpit.  I guess they still have good feelings towards the SSPX.
(08-21-2011, 03:04 PM)richness of tradition Wrote:

Interesting that your FSSP pastor would mention this from the pulpit.   I guess they still have good feelings towards the SSPX.

Many of them were trained by the SSPX.
(08-21-2011, 03:09 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 03:04 PM)richness of tradition Wrote:

Interesting that your FSSP pastor would mention this from the pulpit.   I guess they still have good feelings towards the SSPX.

Many of them were trained by the SSPX.

This particularly priest was trained first in the Novus Ordo.  He has no connections to the SSPX that I am aware of. 
Fr. Z is asking his reads to begin praying until September 14.  He says its a worthy intention to pray for, and is pressing. 

For all his faults, I think he might have some "insider" news.  Especially if we take the idea Gerard has (which I ascribe to, that Fr z is a "Vatican plant" for the traddies) it makes much more sense.

I think we need to pray fervently for this, that something good comes to fruition.  !
(08-21-2011, 03:09 PM)ggreg Wrote: Many of them were trained by the SSPX.

Fewer and fewer as the years go on. Personally, I've never met an FSSP priest who was.
(08-21-2011, 03:46 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Fr. Z is asking his reads to begin praying until September 14.  He says its a worthy intention to pray for, and is pressing.   

For all his faults, I think he might have some "insider" news.   Especially if we take the idea Gerard has (which I ascribe to, that Fr z is a "Vatican plant" for the traddies) it makes much more sense.

I think we need to pray fervently for this, that something good comes to fruition.  !

I love Father Z, but he's totally a Vatican plant.