Bishop Fellay to meet with Cardinal Levada in September
(08-22-2011, 03:00 AM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 11:05 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 10:59 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Well, I think the big deal here is who appoints Bishops for the SSPX to carry on their Society? If it's Rome then I would not take any deal. If Rome allows the SSPX to consecrate their own Bishops and gives them unconditional jurisdiction then if Bishop Williamson or any of the SSPX Bishops broke off I would officially call them protestants.

The SSPX can do a lot more good when they get full faculties and Catholics will have no reservations going to them for Mass and the other sacraments.

I will be praying and attempting to do some fasting as my diabetes allows for this meeting.

May God's will and not man's will be done.

No way are they going to allow SSPX Bishops to consecrate their own bishops. 

Why not? They have four bishops, and the ceremony only takes three. Why fly in three Novus Ordo bishops (who probably have a lot of other things to do, not to mention their lack of expertise at celebrating the traditional rites) and have them perform a ceremony that all of the SSPX bishops would be attending anyway?

This!
I'm sorry, but I can;t see Bishop Fellay compromising with Rome on allowing the NO Bishops to do further Consecrations!

If by chance he does, then why not just appoint the SSPX Bishops to do the ordaining of new FSSP and ICK SeminariansHuh??
Sorry, this is a repost to another forum.

My youngest daughter's birthday too.  Something important brewing.

EDITED to add:   The after the meeting, Sep. 15, is the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.   Mater Dolorosa has been in grieving over the disunity of her Son's Church, another sword piercing her Immaculate Heart. once again.  Perhaps through her powerful intercession, her Son will convince the Pope to establish an Ordinariate (as in the Anglicans) or an apostolic vacariate (with a worldwide jurisdiction).
In the case of the Anglicans it was the responsibility of each national bishop's conference to establish the ordinariate in that country. I wonder how helpful the bishops would be in establishing an ordinariate for the SSPX?  Sticking tongue out at you
(08-24-2011, 10:57 AM)Aragon Wrote: In the case of the Anglicans it was the responsibility of each national bishop's conference to establish the ordinariate in that country. I wonder how helpful the bishops would be in establishing an ordinariate for the SSPX?  Sticking tongue out at you

I suspect this would be a little bit different since the SSPX already has its own institutional structure setup (which the Anglicans coming into the Church did not), and also given the lack of trust between the SSPX and bishops I would bet they would handle it a bit different. 

What  would be interesting to know is if such an ordinariate is setup would other traditional groups like the FSSP and ICK join it as the ability to ignore diocesan bishops seems like a really nice perk. 
That's got to be on the mind of many in ICK or FSSP, etc. If they come over and Rome allows it, would it spread to Diocesan priests that offer the TLM ? Imagine if all of these groups and singular priests come under an umbrella like the SSPX Ordinate and are out of reach or influence of the Diocesan structure,  then HH Pope Benedict XVI has a new thing, somewhat like the old Jesuits, but orthodox and much more militant. I'm nothing but hopeful. I'm still dreaming of Bishop Williamson being called to Rome to replace Cardinal Levada. Watch the pooffy little metrosexuals at Huffington Post, then, their venom will spew out of their fangs.
tim
(08-24-2011, 02:48 PM)timoose Wrote: That's got to be on the mind of many in ICK or FSSP, etc. If they come over and Rome allows it, would it spread to Diocesan priests that offer the TLM ? Imagine if all of these groups and singular priests come under an umbrella like the SSPX Ordinate and are out of reach or influence of the Diocesan structure,  then HH Pope Benedict XVI has a new thing, somewhat like the old Jesuits, but orthodox and much more militant. I'm nothing but hopeful. I'm still dreaming of Bishop Williamson being called to Rome to replace Cardinal Levada. Watch the pooffy little metrosexuals at Huffington Post, then, their venom will spew out of their fangs.
tim

I think if an Ordinariate is created the million dollar question is what does Bishop Williamson do. 
(08-24-2011, 02:50 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: I think if an Ordinariate is created the million dollar question is what does Bishop Williamson do. 

Join the SSPVHuh???
(08-24-2011, 02:50 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: I think if an Ordinariate is created the million dollar question is what does Bishop Williamson do. 

The first immediate thing he will do is be able to unscrew the oil pan under the bus.  My guess is the Pope will give the SSPX virtually everything canonically they would want, but barring a miracle nothing will be done to squash liberal and moderate modernist dissent.  Bishop Williamson will be the sacrificial lamb offered by the SSPX.  Some accusation besides the normal ones will be leveled against him to bar him from ministry and the SSPX will be either the instrument of it, or make no effort to defend him

"If they can't find anything, they will make it up." --Fr. Corapi  Oct. 2010
Quote:Did someone just cite the Southern Poverty Law Center as a source to be consulted? Surely this is satire and I just don’t get it. The SPLC is a liberal rag that tries to classify those with which it disagrees as “hate groups”.

Regarding the SSPX, there must be only a few here who have any knowledge of the history of Archbishop Lefebvre, the SSPX or the Catholic Church prior to Vatican II. The SSPX does not deny the validity of Vatican II and they are not in schism.

The SSPX is Catholic, but operates without an official position in the Church due to the suspension issued by Paul VI in the 1970’s, the justness of which is highly dubious and a story unto itself. The situation was exacerbated in 1988 when Archbishop Lefebvre consecrated 4 bishops without papal mandate. The Holy See referred to this as a schismatic act and has never stated to my knowledge that the SSPX are in schism. Furthermore, the Holy Father said the following in his letter to Bishops accompanying Summorum Pontificum: “It is a matter of coming to an interior reconciliation in the heart of the Church.” This interior reconciliation is surely, at least in part, referring to the SSPX.

It also must be reiterated that the problems confronting the Church today, as the SSPX repeatedly points out, does not just concern the Liturgy. It is first and foremost one of doctrine. It is obvious, for those wishing to see, that there has been a drastic change in the Catholic Church over the past 40-50 years. These changes are not just in appearance, but are the result of confusion over doctrine. Anyone who has read the pre-Vatican II encyclicals, apostolic letters and council documents (namely, Trent and Vatican I) can see this. Msgr. Gherardini, canon of St. Peter’s Basilica, points this out in his book; Vatican Council II: An Open Discussion as does Enrico Radaelli in a recent article published by Sandro Magister. Even Bishop Athanasius Schneider (not affiliated with SSPX or FSSP) has called for another Syllabus to condemn the errors resulting from Vatican II.

What I find so infuriating is that “conservative” Catholics, just like the liberals and modernists, continue to act as though the Church never existed prior to 1960 (or existed from 33 A.D. to 400 A.D. and ignore the 1,550 years in between).
http://www.patheos.com/community/deacons...lets-talk/

A good response to the NeoCons who are blasting the SSPX without much prior knowledge of Church History before VII
(08-21-2011, 01:46 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 01:44 PM)Dominus est Wrote:
(08-21-2011, 11:52 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: My FSSP pastor mentioned this meeting from the pulpit today. He said he suspected there would be some big news and that the book would finally be closed on this long standing issue. I wonder if he has any inside information or was just reading the same stuff we are?   

I am still skeptical that this will be anything other than a photo op.

Brother in Christ, do you truly believe that ? A photo op ?

I hope I am proven wrong. 

I hope so too, but I think it is up there with Catholic - Orthodox dialogue, that is, a photo op.