Bishop Fellay to meet with Cardinal Levada in September
No, nothing much will come of this I fear. The differences are irreconcilable but by major concessions. Vatican II mock council must be nullified, among other things.

I think the main problem as the sspx sees it is not just getting the TLM but it's the modernist theology of Vat. 2 and the NO.  Getting Rome to admit they were wrong seems almost impossible.  So are they willing to just hold their nose and ignore it like the FSSP?
Must be a lot of pressure on Fellay.
(08-25-2011, 03:31 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: I think the main problem as the sspx sees it is not just getting the TLM but it's the modernist theology of Vat. 2 and the NO.  Getting Rome to admit they were wrong seems almost impossible.  So are they willing to just hold their nose and ignore it like the FSSP?

A possibility is that Rome could simply tolerate their dissent.  Father Z pointed out that Feeneyites views are pretty extreme yet the church eventually learned to tolerate their existence. 
(08-24-2011, 08:09 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: No, nothing much will come of this I fear. The differences are irreconcilable but by major concessions. Vatican II mock council must be nullified, among other things.

Agreed.  And frankly until Rome is clearly back on the straight and narrow road and abandons its multitude of errors I don't see how the SSPX can reconcile with it.

So I hope nothing does come of it.  Because if it were too, without Rome making massive and major concessions, (that seems a complete impossibility to me), it would be a cave in by the SSPX about everything they stood for and were founded on.

Moreover, what would the SSPX do if after reconciling, even with some package deal that gave them some degree of autonomy, Rome went and did something utterly nuts like allowing women priests.  With a new Pope anything is possible.  B16 ain't going to last forever.

If they split off again their credibility is burned up.

Fellay once said in a talk that time was one the SSPX's side.  "We will wait".  They have the money a decent investment portfolio paying them an income, they have young bishops with a good score of years left in them and good health.  They should wait for a miracle turnaround or a Divine Chastisement.
This is why Our lady is the answer, and no amount of taliking will work.

tim
Pray for the Church
(08-25-2011, 04:15 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 03:31 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: I think the main problem as the sspx sees it is not just getting the TLM but it's the modernist theology of Vat. 2 and the NO.  Getting Rome to admit they were wrong seems almost impossible.  So are they willing to just hold their nose and ignore it like the FSSP?

A possibility is that Rome could simply tolerate their dissent.  Father Z pointed out that Feeneyites views are pretty extreme yet the church eventually learned to tolerate their existence. 

How far we have fallen when we talk about Rome tolerating orthodoxy.
(08-26-2011, 01:35 PM)username123 Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 04:15 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

This.

How far we have fallen when we talk about Rome tolerating orthodoxy.