SSPX and Dress Attire
(08-22-2011, 05:05 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 05:03 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 02:59 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 02:49 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: The men in my family all wear suits to mass on Sunday. In California.

In an air conditioned Church no doubt.

Nope.

But California doesn't get humid...

True. And honestly, I don't necessarily think it's so terrible if a guy wears a nice shirt and dress pants to Mass rather than a suit. I just wanted to comment that it can be done.
(08-22-2011, 05:06 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Ok, I refuse to believe that the lord wants me to wear a suit...let us not forget about the woes of the pharisees. I would never wear a Bauhaus (a band) shirt to mass, or a pair of gym shorts/running shoes. I was deeply offended when I made my confirmation and this guy assisting the bishop wore a carhart jacket, flannel, blue jeans and construction boots. Why couldn't he at least wore a pair of black jeans and a polo?

As for the bike, I use mine often. Doesn't collect dust. Saves money on gas and is great cardio.

And I still don't like modern suits!

For a man, you seem to be very obsessed with clothes.

Just sayin.
(08-22-2011, 05:06 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Ok, I refuse to believe that the lord wants me to wear a suit...let us not forget about the woes of the pharisees. I would never wear a Bauhaus (a band) shirt to mass, or a pair of gym shorts/running shoes. I was deeply offended when I made my confirmation and this guy assisting the bishop wore a carhart jacket, flannel, blue jeans and construction boots. Why couldn't he at least wore a pair of black jeans and a polo?

As for the bike, I use mine often. Doesn't collect dust. Saves money on gas and is great cardio.

And I still don't like modern suits!

Since you've already made up your mind that your personal comfort at mass is of utmost importance and that you will wear what you will wear-

Why did you make this thread?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-22-2011, 12:41 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Try this attire. I am curious to see how it would be received at a SSPX parish.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAIwJla9p2S6pSZBnO61-...zqsxVKYdtL]

Looks like a Bavarian-Canadian to me! LOL
Did you just knock my door off and call me a Canuck? Why all the low down . . .

[video=youtube]
[/video]
(08-22-2011, 06:04 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Did you just knock my door off and call me a Canuck? Why all the low down . . .

Well, you know what a 'Canadian Tuxedo' is, eh? A pair of jeans and a plaid flannel shirt. So, lederhosen and a plaid flannel shirt must be a Bavarian (or Tyrolean)-Canadian, right? LOL
(08-22-2011, 06:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 06:04 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Did you just knock my door off and call me a Canuck? Why all the low down . . .

Well, you know what a 'Canadian Tuxedo' is, eh? A pair of jeans and a plaid flannel shirt. So, lederhosen and a plaid flannel shirt must be a Bavarian (or Tyrolean)-Canadian, right? LOL

I know what a Canadian Tuxedo is now. But Canadians can't corner the market in flannel attire. Been wearing em since I was a kid IN THE USA!

I do know, however, what a Colombian necktie is. Eek.
(08-22-2011, 06:17 PM)Heinrich Wrote: I know what a Canadian Tuxedo is now. But Canadians can't corner the market in flannel attire. Been wearing em since I was a kid IN THE USA!

I do know, however, what a Colombian necktie is. Eek.

Oh, so have I been. Remember I'm an immigrant. Been wearing flannel plaid shirts since the 50s. And you're right about the Colombian necktie!
Cheers!

To Flannels!
(08-22-2011, 05:06 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Ok, I refuse to believe that the lord wants me to wear a suit.... Why couldn't he at least wore a pair of black jeans and a polo?

Maybe he refused to believe the Lord wanted him to wear black jeans and a polo?