Lay woman named to lead parish with 3 priests on staff
(08-24-2011, 04:12 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: Here, this was posted on a blog I read.  It's the Diocese of Lansing, MI using their magazine to promote the idea of priestless parishes as the wave of the future:

[Image: Faith+Mag.jpg]
On the plus side, the one in purple isn't wearing pants...  LOL sad
I'm so glad I'm a woman, an old woman, so I can take over your parish... Muwuahahaaa!
(08-24-2011, 01:05 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:02 PM)thealtonroute Wrote: Was the vision of Vatican II to laicize the clergy and clericalize the laity?  This seems to be the way many dioceses are going.  Hire laymen and once they're on the payroll, they become part of the problem.  It's a lot easier to control people who are getting paid.  I'm not talking theologically here, but rather making laymen more complicit in the mal-administration of the Church. 
In a recent article, the new york times implies just that.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/us/21nuns.html?_r=1

I've heard that the Diocese of Camden has mandated that every parish have professional music directors, religious education directors, etc.  This is all part of the further bureaucratization of the Church.  Volunteers are told to get lost and are replaced by paid staff.  Of course this scheme also helps shut down smaller parishes because they can't afford all these pointless professionals. 
(08-24-2011, 04:30 PM)Landelinus Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:12 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: Here, this was posted on a blog I read.  It's the Diocese of Lansing, MI using their magazine to promote the idea of priestless parishes as the wave of the future:

According to the blog, the two wearing pants are nuns.  ;D
(08-24-2011, 04:35 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I'm so glad I'm a woman, an old woman, so I can take over your parish... Muwuahahaaa!

LOL

You'd probably be doing many places a favor Smile
(08-24-2011, 05:21 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:30 PM)Landelinus Wrote:

According to the blog, the two wearing pants are nuns.  ;D
Ah yes ... I didn't look closely enough to see the lapel pins!  Smile
(08-24-2011, 04:35 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I'm so glad I'm a woman, an old woman, so I can take over your parish... Muwuahahaaa!
I for one would welcome our new female overlord ... er lady...  Non sum dignus
(08-24-2011, 01:02 PM)thealtonroute Wrote: Was the vision of Vatican II to laicize the clergy and clericalize the laity?

Years ago, Cardinal Mahoney said that the vocations shortage was a welcome fruit of Vatican II. I have the quote somewhere and I've posted it here before, but I can't find it right now.