Dating: who?
Mithrandylan Wrote:I will pray for you.
Appreciated.
Jovan Wrote:Don't go looking! Leave it in God's hands and He'll send you the right one.
Atomagenesis Wrote:Don't rush to find anyone, if God wills that you find someone, He will put her in your path.
He hasn't yet. I have to work to eat, I have to drive to get to work...I imagine I'll have to put in work like anything else. I'm okay with that. But the idea that He would will that I be alone? No, I don't think I could accept that.
Quote:Try and stay chaste and frequent the sacraments, stay close to Our Lady and read as much traditional stuff as you can to help you out. As for what type of girl, even if she is Protestant, or non-practicing anything heathen, if she is chaste and willing to convert or at the very least agrees to raise the children Catholic and be married in a Catholic church then go for it I say. Otherwise I'd try to make some male Catholic friends as best you can and see if they know any women then try and hang out.

Just be careful, keep pure thoughts Big Grin

I would go to the TLM every Sunday if it was 10 minutes away!!!
I appreciate the input. And having read how many people here travel for hours, I know how fortunate/blessed I am to be where I am...geographically, at least.
Quote:but if she has any dissenting opinion about the infallible declarations of the church or loves novelty then I would say drop her like a sack of bricks.
Not one of the women I'm talking about, but I recently did just talk to another girl, theology major attending a Catholic university, who was also on the female ordination wagon, who thought that being pre-Vatican 2 theology was just too much. Allow me to reiterate: theology major at a Catholic university. Hence...I'm keeping an open mind towards non-Catholics for now.
If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.  But you'll probably be better off with neither of them. If it's any consolation, I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.  

Look for the one who is of good will and will follow you to your Latin Mass every Sunday, perhaps along the way she'll by grace come into the trad movement. As for marrying a Protestant that showed no interest in the Catholic trad movement during your dating forget it.  Date for about a year and a half and test her out on traditionalism.
(08-23-2011, 11:33 PM)salus Wrote: Date for about a year and a half and test her out on traditionalism.

That's a long time.

(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.  

Whoa.  :o
Ask the intercession of our saints.  Smile.  Make good traditional Catholic friends.  Odds are they know a single trad Catholic.  Lol. Wink
(08-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Meh Wrote: (And I've been lurking here long enough to assume dk and scipio will say "date the hot one," HK will say to go for the older or richer one, etc.)

Then you already know the correct answer
(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.  But you'll probably be better off with neither of them. If it's any consolation, I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.  

this
Forget the former Catholic.  Befriend the protestant and "date" her only if she is amenable to conversion.
(08-23-2011, 10:26 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Don't go looking! Leave it in God's hands and He'll send you the right one.

Bah! Really? This can be a pretty depressing thing for young Catholic males to dwell upon.
(08-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Meh Wrote: Most of my friends and acquaintances are married. I am single and it weighs heavily on me - concupiscence and all the related habits aside, I need human companionship...enough that it's my primary focus at this point in my life. I've dated around plenty, had plenty of girlfriends, but nothing ever came of it. I'm definitely in the market for marriage.

There's a saying among stock market traders that might apply here............"better to be out of the market wishing you were in, than in wishing you were out" - IOW, better to be single and looking than married and miserable because you married the wrong woman for the wrong reasons.

You are the only one that you can happily live with your whole life, so try to find someone like you - - ain't never gonna happen but there's a starting goal for you.

Plenty of fish in the see, keep looking, prayers to St. Raphael for you!