Dating: who?
In my experience, it's harder to convert a CINO than it is a protestant.  And if the girl you speak of believes as she believes, that's what she is, because she's a heretic.  If you want to date/convert someone at the same time, which is what you do when you date outside of trad circles, you will have more luck with a humble and intelligent girl.  The girl who rebels against the church by supporting female ordination most likely lacks the humility necessary for conversion.
Move to where the single trad girls are. No reason you cannot marry a woman of 21 to 30 years old. Do you really believe that all Trad women are spoken for? I know of lots of single trad ladies.
(08-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Meh Wrote: A little background: I'm a long-time lurker, brief one time former poster. Male, almost 30, went to Catholic school most of my life and consequently received very little worthwhile catechesis, fell away from the Church for years and came back with a vengeance. I'm currently a member of the most conservative NO church in my city but have been attending the local FSSP TLM (ten minutes down the road) most weeks.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are married. I am single and it weighs heavily on me - concupiscence and all the related habits aside, I need human companionship...enough that it's my primary focus at this point in my life. I've dated around plenty, had plenty of girlfriends, but nothing ever came of it. I'm definitely in the market for marriage.

Non-hypothetical scenario: all other things being equal, is it better to date someone who is "formally Catholic" but dissents on dogma (birth control, female ordination, etc.) or someone who is Protestant but seems traditionally minded (at least not opposed to Catholic teaching, is chaste, etc.)? And don't say "find a trad girl." As far as I can tell, all the single ones are 12 or 70. (And I've been lurking here long enough to assume dk and scipio will say "date the hot one," HK will say to go for the older or richer one, etc.)

Hang in there and dont listen to those who say "dont go looking" bull,,, don't beat yourself up too much when you fall of the chastity wagon, because its going to happen.
(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.

This single sentence, plucked from 3,264 of PeterII's posts, is the wisest thing he's ever posted.

You should be in pursuit of virtue, not membership.  That said, it's better to marry a Catholic than constantly fear for your wife's damnation (of course, being Catholic doesn't mean you're automatically heaven bound, but some rows are easier to hoe than others).

(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If it's any consolation, I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.

Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead you to the wife that He wants.  He wouldn't lead you astray; if people regret their marriage, it's probably because they didn't first seek holiness in their marriage.
(08-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Meh Wrote: (And I've been lurking here long enough to assume dk and scipio will say "date the hot one," HK will say to go for the older or richer one, etc.)

You're a sharp one.
So now protestants are more naturally virtuous than trad women? Right.  LOL

ETA: I see now that he's talking about two real people, neither of whom are trad. It seems obvious that you shouldn't date someone who opposes church teaching on marriage, even if they claim to be Catholic, but the trouble with protestants on the other hand is that they pretend to be more virtuous and chaste then the really are.
(08-24-2011, 10:16 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.

This single sentence, plucked from 3,264 of PeterII's posts, is the wisest thing he's ever posted.

You should be in pursuit of virtue, not membership.  That said, it's better to marry a Catholic than constantly fear for your wife's damnation (of course, being Catholic doesn't mean you're automatically heaven bound, but some rows are easier to hoe than others)..

I used to think this way, but I don't anymore. At this point in my life I just can't fathom marrying a non-Catholic.  I want to marry someone with who I can grow in the faith with, not someone who might be a stumbling block.  I am not saying a virtuous Protestant is a horrible person, but at the end of the day they're Protetsant.  It's doubtful they will want to come to mass with you, and if they do they'll probably expect you to attend their services.  You probably won't have an easy time praying together.  And how will she be able to instruct your children in the faith?

I hope I am not coming across as sanctimonious,  But, my faith is very important to me and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with someone who doesn't share the same faith. 
(08-24-2011, 11:03 AM)Iolanthe Wrote: the trouble with protestants on the other hand is that they pretend to be more virtuous and chaste then the really are.

Thank goodness this a problem trads don't have! 
Where you be, homey? Geography plays a huge factor. E.g. Northeast and West Coast dames are most likely to be the independent man haters(my New Hampshire Quebecois wife being the exception, although being married to me may have jaded her some); NW ladies outside of the Seattle area are most likely rugged rancher babes who've castrated cattle; I would recommend staying away from Texas broads as most of them have a viking mentality, and nothing needs to be said for traditional Southern Belles. If DK has not posted on this thread, he can clue you into the nuances of various international estrogenic idiosyncrasies of the weaker sex. Just my .02
stay single lad. your no missing much.
believe me you.
stay single!!!!