Dating: who?
Jovan has the best advise; back off and let God sort it out for you
(08-24-2011, 04:33 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Well
I'd tell ten to learn a bit more about theyere faith. It's not eiher marry or be a monk or nun or priest
never was like that
never will be
it's a vocation a call. Many people get sucked into marriege (I did) but I never was called to it and niether was my ex wife
thus it was a catastrophe. I married her lisening to neo cons push it
when I see then again i'm going to Gladys knock em out due a little time buvill feel bettecuz listining to hem led mento marry and now I'm devorced and my son has a Rome. Family
fittin a neo con should get a broken jaw out of the bargain
sip
assholes
I'm conpeltely ok with doing some months foe breaking a neocons jano plm
they can go explain to me boy whythey pushed bullshit onto his paretz and now he's growin up in a Rome. Family
I'm sure they will be convincing
sip
yeah that's right!!

LOL, sorry to hear that DK.. hang in there
(08-24-2011, 04:52 PM)banksy Wrote:If the primary ends of marriage is procreation then one's spouse really just needs to be of the opposite sex and  a decent person that will allow the kids to be raised as Catholics.  Through living the gospel message and grace then their conversion could be expected.  It seems impractical to limit oneself to only loving a Trad Catholic girl.  Jesus didn't limit His salvation to only the Chosen People.  MIKEY

Procreation doesn't end once the child is out of the womb.  It extends to teaching the child and raising it properly.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-24-2011, 04:52 PM)banksy Wrote:a decent person that will allow the kids to be raised as Catholics.

If I were non-Catholic, I'd think that raising kids to be Catholic is indecent!

This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?
(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:52 PM)banksy Wrote:a decent person that will allow the kids to be raised as Catholics.

If I were non-Catholic, I'd think that raising kids to be Catholic is indecent!

This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?

Only problem is, inferring from the OP, the Catholic woman does too.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(08-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)m.PR Wrote: This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?

There are more women out there. Surely.
(08-24-2011, 06:26 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)m.PR Wrote: This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?

There are more women out there. Surely.

Yeah.  But the OP is asking out of these specific two people (fervent protestant, lazy Catholic) which is better to date.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(08-24-2011, 06:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Yeah.  But the OP is asking out of these specific two people (fervent protestant, lazy Catholic) which is better to date.

True. Those two women sounds like bad news. Actually, I don't think he said the Catholic was lazy or even that the Protestant was devout, just that the Catholic was a liberal and the Protestant was conservative, so the question is what kind of heretic is it more acceptable to date.

To the OP... I'm still wondering what "to date" means. It seems to be different things to different people.
Wow. I really didn't expect this much feedback.

Quote:Hang in there and dont listen to those who say "dont go looking" bull,,, don't beat yourself up too much when you fall of the chastity wagon, because its going to happen.
That's another thing. On one hand, I don't think it's necessarily wise to limit my options at this point, but no one is willing to "wait" short of devout Christians of one stripe or another, and even then, it's questionable... it's a catch 22; religion says you have to get married to put out; culture says you have to put out to get married.

Quote:That said, it's better to marry a Catholic than constantly fear for your wife's damnation (of course, being Catholic doesn't mean you're automatically heaven bound, but some rows are easier to hoe than others).
Right. Catholic girls get automatic bonus points in my book, but at this point I'm more concerned with my own salvation... the aforementioned habitual sins aside, the thought of not finding someone does not bode well for my faith in the long run.
Quote:Where you be, homey?
From what I've gleaned from your posts...about fifty minutes north of you. As for the picture, I'd say 50% or less of that pair is interested in men.
Quote:it certainly is traditional advice. not every one is called to marriege. many get sucked into it not called to it.
my advice is to stay single others will say get married both are valid and traditional advice.
marriege is a vocation
not everyone is called to it.
I feel no calling to religious life, I'm unhappy being single, and I was checking out the girls in my class the first day of kindergarten. Permanent celibacy is not an option.
Quote:Actually, I don't think he said the Catholic was lazy or even that the Protestant was devout, just that the Catholic was a liberal and the Protestant was conservative, so the question is what kind of heretic is it more acceptable to date.
Essentially. Regardless, the Protestant girl in question is of the nondenominational variety and doesn't have that much exposure to Catholicism anyway, I don't think. She's open to it and seems to be more the nondenominational, Protestant in the sense that she's Christian and not particular about others' expression of it than the Northern Ireland, consciously and actively anti-Catholic variety.
Quote:To the OP... I'm still wondering what "to date" means. It seems to be different things to different people.
A committed, monogamous romantic relationship for the purpose of getting to determine the other's suitability for marriage.
(08-24-2011, 06:47 PM)Meh Wrote:
Quote:To the OP... I'm still wondering what "to date" means. It seems to be different things to different people.
A committed, monogamous romantic relationship for the purpose of getting to determine the other's suitability for marriage.

Then don't date either (though you can still be friends with them and consider them among your options). You should not be marrying either one of them as-is, as any marriage between two people who do not share their beliefs is going to be fraught with problems. In a Catholic's case it is more serious, as their spouse will most likely end up teaching their children heresy and put their souls at risk of damnation. Again, you won't marry either, and so if you enter a serious relationship with one of them, you will be potentially wasting your time and will definitely be reducing your chances of meeting a better match. Also, you will be wasting your girlfriend's precious small window of time in which she is fertile and still attractive to men; out of consideration for them, don't. Trying to convert people hardly ever works. Dating a heretic is risky business specially if...

(08-24-2011, 06:47 PM)Meh Wrote: the aforementioned habitual sins aside, the thought of not finding someone does not bode well for my faith in the long run.

You seem to have other issues. Seriously, dating heretics would be an unwise thing for a saint to do - don't do it if you are not even confident in your faith.

And... threads looking for relationship advice are always long. I'm surprised this isn't longer!