Dating: who?
(08-24-2011, 07:57 PM)banksy Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:52 PM)banksy Wrote:a decent person that will allow the kids to be raised as Catholics.

If I were non-Catholic, I'd think that raising kids to be Catholic is indecent!

This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?

Only problem is, inferring from the OP, the Catholic woman does too.

Perhaps white folk shouldn't marry colored folk - racial strife and all...MIKEY

wut?
(08-24-2011, 08:53 PM)banksy Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 07:59 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 07:57 PM)banksy Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:24 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:23 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 04:52 PM)banksy Wrote:a decent person that will allow the kids to be raised as Catholics.

If I were non-Catholic, I'd think that raising kids to be Catholic is indecent!

This Protestant woman, naturally virtuous as she may be, believes the Eucharist is just a wafer. Need anything more be said?

Only problem is, inferring from the OP, the Catholic woman does too.

Perhaps white folk shouldn't marry colored folk - racial strife and all...MIKEY

wut?

This is called PROVOCATION.  Lots of theories abounding for NOT marrying a normal woman - just seems silly to me.   Perfect Catholic brides, perfect Catholic jobs, perfect Catholic countries to live in, perfect Catholic music, perfect Catholic clothes, perfect Catholic cats & dogs, perfect Catholic sex, etc.  Just lots of excuses to hole up in a corner and do nothing.  I advocate the wooing of DECENT people - the pool of Catholic Trad women is tiny and most of our ilk are crazy anyhow - diversifying the gene pool ain't such a bad idea and it may often be the only choice.  MIKEY

No one is saying to find the perfect woman.  There's only one and she's in Heaven.

You are being hyperbolic.  Dating a Catholic woman who follows Catholic teaching is preferable over anything.  Dating women who are "decent" but not Catholic shouldn't be a priority- that is, it shouldn't be on someone's list of something to do:

laundry
groceries
find decent non Catholic woman to date
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-24-2011, 08:53 PM)banksy Wrote:Lots of theories abounding for NOT marrying a normal woman - just seems silly to me.   Perfect Catholic brides, perfect Catholic jobs, perfect Catholic countries to live in, perfect Catholic music, perfect Catholic clothes, perfect Catholic cats & dogs, perfect Catholic sex, etc.  Just lots of excuses to hole up in a corner and do nothing.  I advocate the wooing of DECENT people - the pool of Catholic Trad women is tiny and most of our ilk are crazy anyhow - diversifying the gene pool ain't such a bad idea and it may often be the only choice. 

She doesn't have to be perfect. But you know it would help if she believed the Eucharist isn't just a wafer. If she didn't think the rosary is just vain repetition. If she didn't find the idea that Our Mother was perpetually a virgin as hilarious. If she didn't see not using contraception as backwards. Etcetera etcetera etcetera.

The Church has always discouraged mixed marriages and with good reason (see here under "Mixed Marriages"). Today, it is even more imperative to marry a faithful Catholic because everyone else has values that differ so radically from ours.
I dated a nonpracticing Catholic.  Shed go to Mass with me, but her practice waned when I wasn't there.  It hurt me a bit.  Cry 

I'd recommend finding a trad girl as the ideal choice.  Practicing Catholic as the second. 
If someone ends up dating a non-Catholic and then converting them, fine. But the OP has made his mind up that there are no trads so he isn't even going to try. That's absurd. There are plenty of trads and if you want to find one you have to make a little effort. Saying "I'm just going to date this non-Catholic girl because I don't see any trads standing right in front of me" is lazy.
(08-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Meh Wrote: As far as I can tell, all the single ones are 12 or 70. (And I've been lurking here long enough to assume dk and scipio will say "date the hot one," HK will say to go for the older or richer one, etc.)

If you have been lurking long enough to profile the male posters, then how can it be that you haven't noticed that there a single traditional Catholic female posters as well?

In fact, there is a whole sub-forum on dating and single Catholics looking for dates.  And, I believe, there are dating agencies specializing in Traditionalists too.  And there are at least two other forums you can hang around in.

If Walty met his Rose on this forum then what is stopping you doing the same?  (I mean apart from your belief that all the single ones are 12 or 70.)

Whatever happened to American drive and ambition and risk-taking?  If you cannot find yourself a nice woman to marry in a country with 300 million citizens, free internet and cheap gasoline (compared to the rest of the world), then YOU must be doing something wrong.  Add to that another 1 billion who can speak the English language and you wonder what German Traditional Catholics do and how they ever find anyone to marry.
I have the OP's problem, only with more difficult circumstances.  All I can say is keep praying and staying true to the Faith.

And for all the single Trad ladies who frequent FE, my thread in the singles forum awaits your replies. Smile
(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.  But you'll probably be better off with neither of them. If it's any consolation, I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.  

Probably because they married for the wrong reasons. Marry your best friend - you want someone you LOVE to talk to.  But marrying a Protestant would, I think, be a mistake.  To marry with the view you will try to change them (get them to come into the Church) puts a lot of strain on your relationship.  You want to like / love everything about this person the minute you marry them, so they need to be Catholic.  You will have enough difficulties and times of stress that will need to be dealt with, why start out with such a big one?  Besides most Protestants will want to use birth control, ignorantly, but still it would be a big problem immediately.  Also, how can a Protestant teach your children the Catholic faith?

Just my opinion.
Rosemary
BTW has it been mentioned that the traditional dating services are helpful?  We had a guy from our parish that had dropped out of the seminary since it wasn't his vocation and found a gal on a dating service within a year (she was NO but started coming to our trad chapel), got married and they now have 3 kids already.  It can happen.
(08-26-2011, 12:50 PM)rosemary6 Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 11:22 PM)PeterII Wrote: If I had to choose, I would pick the one who is more naturally virtuous, which sounds like the Protestant.  But you'll probably be better off with neither of them. If it's any consolation, I've been told more than once by married men that while they love their wife somewhat and kids, if they had to do it again, they would rather not be married.  

Probably because they married for the wrong reasons. Marry your best friend - you want someone you LOVE to talk to.  But marrying a Protestant would, I think, be a mistake.  To marry with the view you will try to change them (get them to come into the Church) puts a lot of strain on your relationship.  You want to like / love everything about this person the minute you marry them, so they need to be Catholic.  You will have enough difficulties and times of stress that will need to be dealt with, why start out with such a big one?  Besides most Protestants will want to use birth control, ignorantly, but still it would be a big problem immediately.  Also, how can a Protestant teach your children the Catholic faith?

Just my opinion.
Rosemary

MOST Catholics use birth control too.

Most Catholics don't know or understand their faith so they could not teach it to their children even if they wanted to.

We are in an extreme period of history and if you want to find a spouse you may need to compromise a little and travel a little and put yourself out there a lot.  It might cost you $10,000 or $50,000 dollars to pursue the right woman for you if she is a continent away.  But if you think getting married is expensive, try getting divorced.  Asking advice on a forum is not going to help you make a rational calm headed decision.