Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate
"It should be noted that Pope Ratzinger, who wanted to close the Lefebvre mini-schism".
Mini-schism. That's a new one.  Rolling eyes
(08-23-2011, 11:23 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: From La Stampa

The proposal which has been studied by the Vatican, would allow Lefebvrists the establishment of an ordinariate similar to that offered by the Pope has to Anglicans who wanted to come into communion with the Roman Catholic Church. In this way, the Fraternity would depend on the Holy See (and specifically on the Ecclesia Dei Commission) and could retain its characteristics without having to answer to the diocesan bishops.

Answer to the "Diocesan Bishops"Huh?? Please.!!  Why would that matter, as the SSPX has their own Bishops!!!!

Sounds just like another Modernist trap to me!
(08-23-2011, 11:44 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: It's all just talk right now.

When will the Pope acknowledge the modernist errors of Vatican II? Will I live to see the day? That's what I'm really interested in.

That's right.
I don't see how SSPX can accept a supposed Ordinariate while the continuous destruction of faith at the hands of Rome goes on unacknowledged by Rome.

The reasons that the SSPX came into existence have not changed, the situation has grown worse in the last 45 years so it would make no sense for the SSPX to even want to support - or give the impression it supports the destruction by accepting any offer of Ordinariate until Rome rights her errors and returns or starts to return to promulgating the true faith. 
Well, I must be myopic and looney, but I hope that it is offered, and that Bishop Fellay can accept it without compromise. This would allow for them to point out all of the problems, without the usual "they're in schism" horsefeathers.

tim
Just let's pray Pray, there may be a trap! The offer you something and expect you to loose your freedom! :o
You know what would be nice?  Papal order to turn the SSPX into a religious society of cloistered monks.  He could find them a nice little monastery in Italy or maybe Spain.  Perhaps they'd learn the virtues of humility and obedience in the process.

Alas, the Pope wants unity with the SSPX.  Likewise I do as well (with them as individuals, not as the Society).  I think the Holy Father is misguided in approaching the SSPX with a soft-touch.  But who am I?  I'll pray for the Holy Father's intentions and hope him well in his endeavors, even those I disagree with.
(08-24-2011, 10:27 AM)City Smurf Wrote: You know what would be nice?  Papal order to turn the SSPX into a religious society of cloistered monks.  He could find them a nice little monastery in Italy or maybe Spain.  Perhaps they'd learn the virtues of humility and obedience in the process.

Alas, the Pope wants unity with the SSPX.  Likewise I do as well (with them as individuals, not as the Society).  I think the Holy Father is misguided in approaching the SSPX with a soft-touch.  But who am I?  I'll pray for the Holy Father's intentions and hope him well in his endeavors, even those I disagree with.

[Image: marajuana_smurf.jpg]
(08-24-2011, 10:27 AM)City Smurf Wrote: You know what would be nice?  Papal order to turn the SSPX into a religious society of cloistered monks.  He could find them a nice little monastery in Italy or maybe Spain.  Perhaps they'd learn the virtues of humility and obedience in the process.

You know what would also be nice?  If Rome wasn't choking to death on Modernism.

When, oh when will Rome de-protestantize the Mass, reclaim her exclusive identity as the Church of Christ and tell all men, whether Jew or Greek (schismatic), that outside the Church there is no salvation?!
A footnote to the impasse, this is what I posted  Re: Bishop Fellay to meet with Cardinal Levada in September  on: August 20, 2011:

Quote:My birthday is September 14. Usually when Vatican events take place on important feasts, it means something important is taking place. Hence, The Pope signs important documents or releases them on solemnities or feasts.

My youngest daughter's birthday too.  Something important brewing.

EDITED to add:   The after the meeting, Sep. 15, is the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.   Mater Dolorosa has been grieving over the disunity of her Son's Church, another sword piercing her Immaculate Heart. once again.  Perhaps through her powerful intercession, her Son will convince the Pope to establish for the SSPX an Ordinariate (as in the Anglicans) or an apostolic vacariate (with a worldwide jurisdiction).  

So basically the lesson here is that no matter what Pope Benedict does people will complain.