Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate
(08-24-2011, 06:27 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: I'm not worried about what the Pope is going to do... I'm sure he is trying everything in his power to grant the SSPX jurisdiction wuithout pushing any compromise on the Traditionalists... What I worry about is some of the "Modernist" Bishops and Cardinals surrounding him that will try to make it very difficult for +Fellay and Co. to keep their positions with regard to the VII issues they don't accept.

I try to pray for the Pope everyday!!@ :pray:

True, but they are already making it difficult.  But at least those who hate the SSPX will lose ammo. No more "the SSPX clergy are suspended" "the SSPX Mass is illicit"

Let them stomp their feet and whine. Let it be the Modernist and Liberal; who is out of line and seen as disobedient and not in communion with the wishes of the Bishop of Rome. Even a poorly catechized NO parishioner sees the pope as the leader of the Church.

I can't speak for  Bishop Fellay, but if it were me, I'd see this as an opportunity to put things back in the Church that were taken away. Let trads be the infiltrators this time around. Make it so a parent who would love to send their child to an SSPX school, but who hesitates because of the current status, can now feel free to do so.

And the Catholics who sympathize with the SSPX, but out of a justifiable (in their eyes) obedience to Rome, won't join a SSPX parish. Finally they can, because the pope says it's ok. Let those benefactors of the Society make up their minds. Trust Bishop Fellay and those who stand with him, or begone, off to congregate with those who trust no one but those who agree with their notion that all is lost and the true RCC will never again be found in Rome. Their money will be replaced over time by those who will now feel no hesitation to support the Society.

An acceptance of an agreement, without an acceptance of heresy and error, is not a discarding of all that has been fought for. It's a rolling up of the sleeves and doing what trads have done all through the Church's history. That is, fighting off heresy and errors right smack in the mist of those promoting them.  I could go on, but imho, for all the good fruit the work of the Society, it will surely taste so much sweeter without the (arguably unjust) stigma hanging over the Society.

I want so badly to be able to become a member of my local SSPX chapel. But I can't until the pope I love so much for what he is doing, says I can without reservation.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by salus - 08-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by joe17 - 08-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by joe17 - 08-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by ggreg - 08-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Justin - 08-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Cindy - 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by FHM310 - 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Dominus est - 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Justin - 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Justin - 08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Re: Vatican Offers SSPX Ordinariate - by Justin - 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM