SSPX Praises Pope Benedict at World Youth Day
(08-24-2011, 01:05 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:05 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 12:48 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Too bad he's going to pray with pagans and Jews in no time.

No I think he already said that it was not going to happen.

Rolling eyes

Okay you are right sorry the Pope is lying liar that lies and hence he will go on praying with his Buddhist, Baathist monks at the rhythm of some nice cabala flavored tunes.
(08-24-2011, 01:15 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:05 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:05 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 12:48 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Too bad he's going to pray with pagans and Jews in no time.

No I think he already said that it was not going to happen.

Rolling eyes

Okay you are right sorry the Pope is lying liar that lies and hence he will go on praying with his Buddhist, Baathist monks at the rhythm of some nice cabala flavored tunes.

Please don't derail this thread.  If you want to start a debate on Assisi start a thread on that topic. 
Here is my amateur translation.  It's been about 15 years since I spoke German on a daily basis, so hopefully it is true to the original:

Lord Jesus Christ,
Brother, Friend, and Redeemer of Mankind
Gaze with love upon the young people gathered here
And open to them the bottomless font
Of Thy tender mercy
Which pours forth from
Thy crucified and wounded Heart.

Obedient to Thy call,
They have come to be with Thee and to worship Thee.

With ardent prayer
I consecrate them to Thy Heart
So that, firmly rooted and built up in Thee,
They may always be Thine, in life and in death.

May they never be parted from Thee!

Grant unto them a heart like Thine,
Meek and humble,
So that they may ever hear Thy voice,
And fulfill Thy Will and Thy Commands,
And in the midst of the world may they be
A credit to Thy Glory,
That in beholding their deeds
Mankind may render due Honor to the Father
With Whom Thou livest
Eternally happy,
In the unity of the Holy Ghost
For ever and all eternity,
Amen.
(08-24-2011, 01:41 AM)Landelinus Wrote: Here is my amateur translation.  It's been about 15 years since I spoke German on a daily basis, so hopefully it is true to the original:

Lord Jesus Christ,
Of Thy tender mercy
Which pours forth from

Obedient to Thy call,

With ardent prayer

Meek and humble,
A credit to Thy Glory,
With Whom Thou livest
Eternally happy,
Amen.

Updated post!
Ah, so he didn't ask for a rental heart after all.  Well it's hard to complain about this one.
(08-24-2011, 01:18 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Please don't derail this thread.
Quote:Someone1776
"The Derailer"

Sneaky
(08-24-2011, 01:52 AM)Pheo Wrote: Ah, so he didn't ask for a rental heart after all.  Well it's hard to complain about this one.
"The Derailer"

Sneaky

I derail other people's threads. 
(08-24-2011, 01:55 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:52 AM)Pheo Wrote: Ah, so he didn't ask for a rental heart after all.  Well it's hard to complain about this one.
"The Derailer"

Sneaky

Someone1776,

No offense, but you have more time on your hands then me!!! What is your average post count per dayHuh?Huh?Huh???
(08-24-2011, 01:47 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:41 AM)Landelinus Wrote: Here is my amateur translation.  It's been about 15 years since I spoke German on a daily basis, so hopefully it is true to the original:

Lord Jesus Christ,
Of Thy tender mercy
Which pours forth from

Obedient to Thy call,

With ardent prayer

Meek and humble,
A credit to Thy Glory,
With Whom Thou livest
Eternally happy,
Amen.

Updated post!

Here's a translation of the little intro blurb:
From a supernatural perspective this action is certainly one of the most significant of his pontificate.  The Consecration took place in front of the Most Blessed Sacrament, which was exposed to the faithful for adoration in the world-famous 16th century monstrance from Toledo.

Also I rendered the sixth verse of the prayer as "pours forth fromThy crucified and wounded Heart".  A more literal translation would be:
"that streams out of (gushes forth from, is emitted from, pours forth from) Thy opened (up) heart on the cross".  But "opened (up)" and "streams out" don't capture the semantic range of "geoeffnet" (which in additon to just meaning "opened" , implies opened up at a certain point in time i.e. on the cross with Longinus' spear for instance)and "ausstroemt" (which can mean a bunch of things to do with streaming, gushing, pouring, emitting depending on the context).  "On the cross" was also hard to render in a poetic way in English, so I took poetic license and translated it as "crucified" making it an adjective referring to "heart", since the phrase "on the cross" refers directly to the "opening" of Christ's heart, from which pours forth His tender mercy.  Difficult is translation...

In college, my linguistics prof would beat me up for too-literal translations.  He always had us translate poetry, so license was encouraged.  Apologies for taking license with the Pope's prayer.  Embarrassed
(08-24-2011, 07:03 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:55 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
"The Derailer"

Sneaky

Someone1776,

No offense, but you have more time on your hands then me!!! What is your average post count per dayHuh?Huh?Huh???

I think it's about 30. But, I mostly post short inconsequential posts.  I probably only post lengthy serious posts a few times a week.
(08-24-2011, 10:55 AM)Landelinus Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 01:47 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Lord Jesus Christ,
Of Thy tender mercy
Which pours forth from

Obedient to Thy call,

With ardent prayer

Meek and humble,
A credit to Thy Glory,
With Whom Thou livest
Eternally happy,
Amen.

Updated post!

Here's a translation of the little intro blurb:
From a supernatural perspective this action is certainly one of the most significant of his pontificate.  The Consecration took place in front of the Most Blessed Sacrament, which was exposed to the faithful for adoration in the world-famous 16th century monstrance from Toledo.

Also I rendered the sixth verse of the prayer as "pours forth fromThy crucified and wounded Heart".  A more literal translation would be:
"that streams out of (gushes forth from, is emitted from, pours forth from) Thy opened (up) heart on the cross".  But "opened (up)" and "streams out" don't capture the semantic range of "geoeffnet" (which in additon to just meaning "opened" , implies opened up at a certain point in time i.e. on the cross with Longinus' spear for instance)and "ausstroemt" (which can mean a bunch of things to do with streaming, gushing, pouring, emitting depending on the context).   "On the cross" was also hard to render in a poetic way in English, so I took poetic license and translated it as "crucified" making it an adjective referring to "heart", since the phrase "on the cross" refers directly to the "opening" of Christ's heart, from which pours forth His tender mercy.  Difficult is translation...

In college, my linguistics prof would beat me up for too-literal translations.  He always had us translate poetry, so license was encouraged.  Apologies for taking license with the Pope's prayer.  Embarrassed

Updated!