Wearing Rosary as necklace.
No place in trsition oeth faith does it say we mist hide the rosary u der our cloths
that's modernism
it does make u an idot wearing s rosary
u do not know their motives
I've spoken to more the. A few wearing rosaries for various reasons
point is
the rosary csn be worn an does be worn by trads and the faithfully
I wear mine along my belt hanging
one day I was approached by a NO cstholic a woman who questioned me and said rosaries are not fashions and can't be worn out side the cloths loteray as she said that 3 feansiscsns walked by in the hospital all wearing rosaries akin their bets the role belt
I then looked at her and said
"you were saying"
to which she huffed and buggered off
nothing wrong what so ever wearing rosaries along your neck or a crucifix outside hour shirt
nothing at all
the rosary also is an art work too. Many people admire the beuty in it.
Nobingbat all wrong with it
it's mainly a Protestant reaction against it in culture I see that leaks into the NO or Catholics ho converted ornwhatever but it's never been forbiden.
Nothing is wrong with it
unless u k ow or I k ow a person who wears it as a gang symbol or whatever then certainly there is plm
sip
I don't read minds though and ven the propel I spoke to wearing Ben for fashion or sentimental reasons. 3 says ago I spoke to a young lad at tar ucms wearing a rosary I spoke with him. Hwbokd me his grand other died with it in her hands and so he wears it to honor her. Ut he does molest it
hebwasnt vostike to it.  He's a ladled catholic if anything keepin the rosary close will help him come back to thersith
my o2
I'm of the midnight the more rosaries r see. And more Catholics make public our nfsih he better it is
sip
I don't like people making a mockery of the rosary and using it as a fashion statement.  Of course I don't know their motives.  Only God can really know that, but wearing the rosary is a popular fashion move by certain subcultures.  And when it's not even a real rosary but a rosary necklace which they bought at a clothing store, then I think it's obvious what its function is.

And it is often times easy to see which way it is being worn.  Case in point:

[Image: img261.jpg]

[Image: JerseyShoreRosaryBeads-www-JerseyShoreRo...865751.jpg]
This is the guy from that Jersey Shore tv show.
I wear mine around my neck tucked into my shirt.
Fair enough
bu.t how many people wear crucifixes?
Why thr outrag at wearing s rosary but not s crucifex?
Anyway I think were saying mostly the same thing
when u see so eons wearing it chat with hem more often then not it not as insidpus as it may seem
sure d he's a tattoes bells angel obviously icsn guess
bit if it's some lass getting a latte
I dunno
I just talk with the
so fsr no ones ever beenrude to me usuall it's so ethi g like
it was my mothers or grandmother sor theyvlike how it looks or the simplicity
then u csn engage them in discussion
when a lass says it's a beutifull piece of art I tell them it sure ii for. Hen of he history of it almost all don't know and then even one time I bstarbucks sat down and went through how to pray it
never would of happened if ni bee seen her wearing it or her see me wearing mine
I dunno
I'm just saying qe have more things to be outraged about
sip

I like having mine visible. But it's down my leg from my belt to my k ee when I walk it walks with me bouncing about
I also he my two scapulars too many times they pop out from u der my shirt and it doesn't mater to me
people give ne a loom I just ask if they have a Fu++in plm
no one does
lol
anyway I use the oppurrunity ro engage people in the faith I wouldn't have otherwise
(08-24-2011, 05:53 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: I like having mine visible. But it's down my leg from my belt to my k ee when I walk it walks with me bouncing about
I also he my two scapulars too many times they pop out from u der my shirt and it doesn't mater to me
people give ne a loom I just ask if they have a Fu++in plm
no one does
lol
anyway I use the oppurrunity ro engage people in the faith I wouldn't have otherwise

You're a good man DK.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Yeah, but you wear them for function.  It's great to have a rosary at your side at all times.  I often carry one in my pocket.  You wouldn't do it as a fashion statement.  

That's all I'm saying.
I doubt very much that anyone from the Jersey Shore prays the rosary. Growing up in NY I did see the rosary being worn, granted not very often, but it was worn. I am guilty of it myself. When I was 10 I wore a blue rosary that my grandmother gave me. I stopped wearing it once I realised that none of the Catholic school kids wore it. My uncle constantly wore his after he got out of the Marine core bootcamp and still wears it.

I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.

And whats with the terrible spelling coming from devotedknuckles? I gave up trying to read your pseudo Anglo-Saxon gooble gabble from your first post
(08-24-2011, 05:56 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I doubt very much that anyone from the Jersey Shore prays the rosary. Growing up in NY I did see the rosary being worn, granted not very often, but it was worn. I am guilty of it myself. When I was 10 I wore a blue rosary that my grandmother gave me. I stopped wearing it once I realised that none of the Catholic school kids wore it. My uncle constantly wore his after he got out of the Marine core bootcamp and still wears it.

I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.

And whats with the terrible spelling coming from devotedknuckles? I gave up trying to read your pseudo Anglo-Saxon gooble gabble from your first post

DK posts from a mobile phone with a bottle of something a hundred proof while throwing punches at demons and heretics.  Sometimes the buttons get mashed.

You'll get used to it.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-24-2011, 05:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: You'll get used to it.

I appreciate that DK is doing important work in the world, glassing demons with broken bottles of Jack Daniels etc.

But I've not gotten used to it and I don't think I ever will Big Grin.