Wearing Rosary as necklace.
(08-24-2011, 06:07 PM)City Smurf Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 05:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: You'll get used to it.

I appreciate that DK is doing important work in the world, glassing demons with broken bottles of Jack Daniels etc.

But I've not gotten used to it and I don't think I ever will Big Grin.

If you pay close attention, you'll notice some pretty constant things.

Also, if you pay attention to where the keys are on a keyboard you'll see that it's really not that difficult.  Usually.  Sometimes.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Sip sip
and Yankee mind your tongue!!
I'm NO Saxon Hun lad!!
Bah!!
Isip sip

(08-24-2011, 06:11 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: If you pay close attention, you'll notice some pretty constant things.

Also, if you pay attention to where the keys are on a keyboard you'll see that it's really not that difficult.  Usually.  Sometimes.

He better be writing a fifth gospel if I am to go to such lengths to understand him  Sticking tongue out at you!
DK, how did you go from this to this?

(10-07-2008, 06:17 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: What gives? any one else see weird things?

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg29120854

devotedknuckles Wrote:Insert Quote
Sip sip
and Yankee mind your tongue!!
I'm NO Saxon Hun lad!!
Bah!!
Isip sip
Dunno?
Have. No memeory of what weird thing I saw
sip
most likely Saxon Huns, few r a stranger breed

sip
(08-24-2011, 05:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: DK posts from a mobile phone with a bottle of something a hundred proof while throwing punches at demons and heretics.  Sometimes the buttons get mashed.

You'll get used to it.

LOLOL, Probably the funniest thing ive seen typed in years... LOL LOL

Just seems like hes been through a lot more then any of us have in here and appearss to have more humility then most other posters in here!!!!

God Bless him! Pray
(08-24-2011, 05:56 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I doubt very much that anyone from the Jersey Shore prays the rosary. Growing up in NY I did see the rosary being worn, granted not very often, but it was worn. I am guilty of it myself. When I was 10 I wore a blue rosary that my grandmother gave me. I stopped wearing it once I realised that none of the Catholic school kids wore it. My uncle constantly wore his after he got out of the Marine core bootcamp and still wears it.
Lots of people are drawn to the external trappings of the Catholic faith. I have agnostic and outspokenly atheist friends who love Catholic art. For many, it's a cultural/ethnic thing, some might remember it from their childhood, others like what they know from mobster films, and some might be attracted to the actual Faith but aren't quite ready to make the leap from a hedonistic culture into self denial.

Quote:I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.
For me, it's a statement of faith to the outside world as well as a reminder to keep the road rage to an acceptable level.
(08-24-2011, 05:56 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.

Praying on road trips should be standard.  I pray a rosary on pretty  much any trip over an hour in length or so.  also, I keep it on my rearview mirror so I always know its with me, and I always have a rosary no matter where I go.
(08-24-2011, 05:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 05:56 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I doubt very much that anyone from the Jersey Shore prays the rosary. Growing up in NY I did see the rosary being worn, granted not very often, but it was worn. I am guilty of it myself. When I was 10 I wore a blue rosary that my grandmother gave me. I stopped wearing it once I realised that none of the Catholic school kids wore it. My uncle constantly wore his after he got out of the Marine core bootcamp and still wears it.

I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.

And whats with the terrible spelling coming from devotedknuckles? I gave up trying to read your pseudo Anglo-Saxon gooble gabble from your first post

DK posts from a mobile phone with a bottle of something a hundred proof while throwing punches at demons and heretics.  Sometimes the buttons get mashed.

You'll get used to it.

He may miss the keys but not the demons and heretics.
(08-24-2011, 07:07 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 05:58 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? Probably the same fine as texting haha.

And whats with the terrible spelling coming from devotedknuckles? I gave up trying to read your pseudo Anglo-Saxon gooble gabble from your first post

DK posts from a mobile phone with a bottle of something a hundred proof while throwing punches at demons and heretics.  Sometimes the buttons get mashed.

You'll get used to it.

He may miss the keys but not the demons and heretics.

Exactly.  It's a very fair trade off.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.