Wearing Rosary as necklace.
I don't hink it would be sacriligous
not if your praying it as your using it.
And I have hit a person up side the face with a catechism once.
So
and
sip
to me a rosary is weapon. If it's called for I'll draw and use it!!!
No plm whatsoever. Praying aves as u spare CAn  help control your pace count, and breath and temp of force
sip
no plm
(08-24-2011, 05:56 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I just don't understand the auto rosaries. Why would anyone keep a rosary hanging from their rearview mirror? If anyone tells me its because its for prayer on the go, then that sounds very hazardous. Imagine getting pulled over for praying the rosary? 

I have a rosary hanging from my rearview mirror.  I can walk and chew gum at the same time too. lol

Not only is it handy if I'm driving any distance but it is also an outward sign of my Faith.  I also bless myself when I pass a Catholic Church no matter who is with me.  More than once when doing so I have had Protestants say that they respect me showing outward signs of my Faith (not exactly in those words).  One time I even got the chance to explain to a Protestant why Catholics bless themselves when passing a Catholic Church, the Real Presence.  Don't be ashamed to show outward signs of your Faith.

"For he that shall be ashamed of me, and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation: the Son of man also will be ashamed of him, when he shall come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

"For he that shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him the Son of man shall be ashamed, when he shall come in his majesty, and that of his Father, and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26
for years i had a fairly large red Corno hangin from me rear view mirror
sip
not th esame as a rosary granted but just thought to add it
sip
the prod fish bumber stamp is common enough. ive even seen more then a few with a rosary and a prod fish
lol
sign o the times i guess.
sip
(08-25-2011, 10:57 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: The Bible is my warhorse, the scapular my shield, and the rosary my sword.

Most powerful weapon I know of.

This
(08-25-2011, 12:18 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: DK is not St Nicholas, and the reasons would be totally different. St N was defending the faith, DK would be defending DK. Apples and oranges.

No he is not St. DK yet.  Smile  But I'm gathering from his posts the reasons are similar.
DK, you've changed my mind on the subject and I want to tell you that I haven't lauughed this hard in a thread in a long time.

"Strong enough to choke a heretic, gentle enough to heal a sinner."

I don't know what you do, but you have makings of a great copywriter.

I think I may even look for a C hook after reading this.
I do disagree with using it as a fashion accessory.  Smacks of Madonna or Lady Gaga or something.  In high school, I briefly dated a Jewish girl.  She wore a crucifix ring as a fashion statement, and she didn't see any irony in it in the least.

On the other hand, I suppose the more visible rosaries are, and the more people who have and see them, the better. 

Wearing the rosary visibly around the neck just has connotations for me of the folk Mass guitarists that I had to suffer through as a kid - wailing, bearded, denim-clad yahoos, with scapulars or large wooden crosses the size of a bishop's pectoral around their necks.  KUMBAYA!