Does God love everyone and the Devil ?
before answering perhaps you may consider 'The shocking message' by Paul Washer via your google search box - twinc
Yes, in a certain sense God does loves everyone, including the Devil. Since God's love is the cause of all goodness in things and all things, in so far as they exist and have being, are good. It must be said that God loves them.
Yes.

God loves, and it is all He does. 

If He were to forget about or not love anything for (although we don't measure God in time) a quarter of a milisecond, they would fall back into the nothingness from which he created them.

A living thing's mere existence is proof that God loves it/him.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I was always taught that God loves all his creations. Including the angles that rebelled.

I don't think we can fully understand God's supernatural love with our mortal mind.

Loving someone is different than being pleased with someone.

But I don't know. Its a good question for me to ask my Spiritual Father about.
(08-25-2011, 09:00 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: I was always taught that God loves all his creations. Including the angles that rebelled.

I don't think we can fully understand God's supernatural love with our mortal mind.

Loving someone is different than being pleased with someone.

But I don't know. Its a good question for me to ask my Spiritual Father about.

It may have made more sense when I first heard it because the priest who told me is a great speaker, but since God is purely simple (without any compostion) we can say that He only loves.  Since He is perfect and infinite, he only loves perfectly and infinitely. 

Things like God's mercy and even His justice are components of His love (for us to understand.  He is purely simple, He cannot be broken down so he doesn't truly have components).

I'll have to dig up the talk.  Essentially, you're right on.  We can't fully comprehend God's love.  We can barely do so partially.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
God's love is a creative force. He loves the devil enough to continue to will his existence.